Chapter 49

Veer was still embracing her tightly in his arms.... kissed her forehead and cheeks.... "I am sorry Chandni...."

He looked in her damp eyes that were asking him million questions.....

"Veer, I have lost my Mother....i can't live without her...." While enclosing her face with her hands she cried resentfully.....

"It is all because of me that you are crying today....." he kissed her eyes.... "but I promise you today".... Cupping her face in his hands.... "I will never drink again"

He hugged her.....

"my Mother will never come back now...." Chandni looked at her picture on the wall.....

"Veer beta" they heard the knock at the door......though it was partially open.... Shama did not enter "people in the office need some help and Chandni is in a condition...."

"please don't worry....." Veer added..... and took the phone.....

He was talking to one of the employees at Meenakshi's office......

Chandni gazed at him.... She knew it wasn't his fault....she knew him very well by now.... Veer was a drunkard but she knew he would never kill her Mother intentionally...... she wiped her tears and agreed with her heart..... It was not so easy for her to forget what all happened but by punishing him, she will definitely punish herself and her Mother's soul....she knew her Mother liked him so much that she always wanted her to marry Veer......

"yes I will come...." Veer answered while talking on the phone......

Chandni came out of her thoughts and looked at the glass of water.... She got up to pick the glass, her body was too weak....she tried to recall when she fainted before she fell into Veer's arms...... "Veer"

"you would have asked me......" He offered her the glass of water.....

"now you must eat something......" he smiled at her.... "I have to go now....there is some work to be looked after..... I will come soon..." he closed the door .....

A small smile occupied Chandni's lips after such a long time.....

*****************

Manohar rushed outside as he heard Kaka shrieking....... "what happened??"

It was too late to even predict while he saw Kaka lying on the ground....... He checked he was still breathing...... "Pratima.... Ask Deenu to get ready, we have to go to the hospital...." He shouted.....

After few minutes while he was still on his way to the hospital.....Manohar saw something very unusual.....he noticed that Kaka's eyes were closed but he was murmuring something as if he wants to tell something..... Manohar couldn't understand anything.....

He dialed Veer's no......

"Veer....immediately come to the city hospital...Kaka is serious...."

**********************

Chandni had her lunch ....and headed towards her room.... Shama and Kamini were glad to see Chandni slowly coming out of the shock......

"Its all because of Veer..... he's like an angle in our lives" Kamini said while looking at Chandni.....

Chandni attended the phone calls from the office.... She somehow tried to handle the work...but she was still unfit to go and look after the work.....

She felt sad......while looking out at the blue sky, she could see a small hope .... And that was her Veer.... Who was always besides her.... She could never imagine him going away from her life.....