Chapter 12

It was evening and Kaka was busy in preparing the dinner....Chandni woke up from her sleep, she looked outside and saw the evening sun settling down.....the weather wasn't clear, black clouds were covering the sky making a very little space for the sun to draw its rays..... there was little fog on the window panes.....Chandni stretched herself and looked at the time...... "oh no.....how did I sleep that long" her eyes were wide open....

she quickly got off the bed and wore her t-shirt over her spaghetti top, she tied her hair in a bun and clipped them together with her hair clip. She washed her face with luke warm water just to get rid of the laziness that came after lying cosily in the bed for past few hours.....she patted her face with the towel and was about to open the door when she realized herself standing in her short pants..... she quickly opened her bag and took out a trouser.....

"good evening Kaka" she came strolling towards the old man......

"good morning Chandni" Kaka said in a low voice.... she looked at him, there were tears in his wrinkled eyes.....

Chandni worriedly asked him "Kaka.....are you alright??"

Kaka glanced at her..... "oh absolutely.....why do you ask?" he looked at the furrow on her forehead....

Chandni asked him reluctantly "you are crying?.....so I thought I would just ask...."

Kaka smiled "oh....these tears are cause of these onions.....actually I am finishing the work quickly, I have to go buy something before the shop closes...."

Chandni smiled "you always cook yourself??"

Kaka answered her question "well not in Mumbai....i used to guide the staff...but here I didn't wanted any chef with me so I am cooking myself, I don't find it difficult....we hardly have anything to do"

Chandni felt happy talking to him and she somehow thought of helping the old man "do you mind if I help you?.....i mean I know how to cook....."

Kaka was smiling "thanks Chandni....but how can I ask you to cook......you can rest, you have big job tomorrow"

Chandni immediately came near the kitchen bench top "please Kaka, its alright......believe me I make nice food..... and I have been sleeping since last few hours...."

Kaka had to give up in front of her "alright....if you are happy to cook....then I will go and buy some groceries and will be back soon......hope that's a not a problem Chandni"

Chandni picked up the knife and was about to chop the onions.... "please Kaka...i have no problem...you go ahead and easily do your shopping..."

Kaka smiled and left after sometime.....

Chandni started chopping the onions.....though she had never chopped onions before she didn't felt as if she was doing it for the first time.....chopping was always done by Kamla, her maid servant......Chandni always saw her cooking and that's how she got some knowledge of it......

She cut the half onion, but it didn't make her cry....she was happy.....but as she finished it....tears started rolling from her beautiful eyes..... she wiped her tears with the back of her hand.......she continued chopping.....

----

Veer got up after he heard his phone vibrating under his back...... he picked and disconnected the phone..... he rubbed his eyes and got up from the bed and opened the first drawer of the huge cabinet and took out some pain killers......he took one tablet and searched for water.....he took the jug and walked downstairs.....to his surprise he saw her crying but he didn't see the onions she had been chopping.....