Chapter 3: Diagon Alley

Crashing back down into the living room she noticed Dumbledore, standing in the middle of the room holding out his hand to the child as he said "we need to go to Diagon Alley to get your school supplies first." Once grabbing his hand the ground beneath them disappeared and then reappeared seconds later placing them in front of a shop called Ollivanders. Stepping inside the shop both Dumbledore and Avalon were greeted by a thin elderly man with white messy hair, at that moment the man started shaking their hands "Albus so good to see you again and whom do we have here?" Looking at me with a large smile spread across his face. "I'm Avalon Thompson sir and I'm here to get a wand" politely smiling back at the man.

"Agh I see, your starting your first year at Hogwarts. I remember your mother and father walking in here getting there first wand" ... But before he could continue Dumbledore interrupted saying "we have a lot to get so I think we should start looking at the wands Ollivander." Walking to the back of the shop pulling out a few boxes of wands out and passed them one at a time to Avalon to see which wand suited her.
After trying ten wands Ollivander went to the back of the shop and grabbed a very dusty box and came back giving the wand to her to see the reaction. Once passing the wand to her bright glowing lights of silver and green started to surround the young girl inquisitively the man said "curious, very curious." He explained to the child the type of wand which she now possessed which is Unicorn hair, walnut, 12 3/4 inches before he could explain in further detail about her wand, Albus paid for the wand and pulled the girl out of the shop and down the street to Madam Malkin to get her school robes, they then went to go get her school books and then she noticed Dumbledore stopped in front of the pet shop and he asked Avalon "which animal would like as a pet?" Instantly she started looking around and found the cutest jet black kitten with sapphire eyes, bringing the kitten back Albus she held it up to him and said "I would like this kitten please." Walking out of the shop and down the street Dumbledore asked her "what are you going to call the kitten?" Curious to know the answer and with an instant reply Avalon states that she is naming her Sapphire because of her eye colour. Reaching the bottom of the street Albus held out his hand for Avalon to grab and yet again the ground beneath them disappeared and quickly reappeared in a brightly lit office.

"Now Avalon would you like to explore the castle as students haven't arrived yet and I have a lot of work to do!" Dumbledore said quite encouragingly. But before she could give him an answer she had already dropped her bags and left his office taking Sapphire and my wand in her pockets.