Chapter 10: Should I Tell The Truth

Snape's POV

Still sitting on the grey plush sofa with the large, white, square box placed on the coffee table in front of him. Quietly thinking to himself waiting for Avalon to wake up in the other room. It had 3 hours since she broke down in front of him and he pulling her small body into his lap cradling her until she fell asleep.

Hearing someone moving around in his chambers, Severus placed the lid on the box and hid it at the side of the sofa, having an internal argument.

Listening to his thoughts should I tell her the truth, should I wait until she's older, no you idiot if you wait she'll figure it out on her own and mostly likely hate you for not telling her then. YOU HAVE TO TELL AVALON THE TRUTH. He decided just as the door from his bedroom opened revealing Avalon.

Looking up at her I patted the sit next to me on the sofa, "Avalon, come sit we need to talk". Slowly she walked away from the door and sat down next to him. Hesitant at first she took a calming breath and spoke up "what are we going to talk about?" You could hear the nervousness in her voice as she asked her question, from what I could see, she was on the edge of crying again she didn't know what was going to be said.

"I need." Talking a deep breath I continued. "I need to tell you something and I need you to listen and remain calm."

Listening carefully to what Snape had to say Avalon only nodded her head for him to continue his speech.

"Your mother and I were best friends and something between us changed, we became romantically involved with one another. We were so young but loved each other dearly, so after we married loving life the way it was, we never expected something more to blossom. Your mother found out she was with child. We..."

Before he could continue Avalon jumped up and started pacing devouring all the information she had been given she stopped mid-step and turned to look at him, with a very curious look upon her face.

Avalon's POV

I know what he is trying to tell me my thoughts spoke, why didn't I see it before, the natural curiosity to learn, my temper, his temper, my black eyes, his black eyes. Piecing it all together I stopped mid pace and turned to look at the man before me, my Head of House, my Professor, my Father.

Speaking aloud for the first time since he started his explanation, my lips moved to pronounce my thoughts confidently.

"Your my Father."

With that hanging in the air, the only thing he could do was nod his head, he was scared of my reaction.

I ran towards him, arms stretched and wrapped them around him, I felt him return the gesture. I whispered into his ear "I finally have my father, after all this time."

"Always". He mumbled quietly thinking I wouldn't hear him.