Chapter 9: A Chat With Snape

After having no option but to turn around and have this chat with the professor I went and back in my seat.
"You wanted to have a chat, sir?" Asking quietly as I didn't want to have this chat at all.
"Yes, I want to know how you knew this answers and how you finished your work so quickly?" I was amused by his questions because his eyebrow had risen up to his hairline. "Sir, I don't know how it just came to me almost as if it was natural, is this something I should be worried about?" I could hear the panic in my own voice.

"No, you shouldn't worry about things coming naturally to you, it happens with your mother" he answered her softly.

"You knew my mother?" I asked curiously.

"Yes, I know your mother, she and I went to Hogwarts together. We became best friends and shared the same house 'Slytherin'.

"What happened to her, sir?" I questioned.

Nothing, she married the man she loved, became pregnant with you, shortly after you was born you was taken into hiding to protect you and that's the last time you'd been seen until you came to Hogwarts." He spoke, his voice full of sorrow.

"What was she like? Am I like her? Was she really pretty and smart?" I attacked him with questions eager to find out more about my mother.

"Yes. She is the prettiest and smartest witch I know, she is like you smart, talented, kind, funny. She is my best friend, always there when I needed someone." He smiled at the memories of school and after.

"You said 'she is' not 'she was' does that mean she's alive?"
"Yes, Avalon she's alive but you can't see her." He said rather regretfully.

WHY CAN'T I SEE MY MOTHER? WHAT'S WRONG? Avalon was struggling to comprehend what had been said. I could feel my throat close up and my eyes welled with tears, after trying to compose myself I felt the tears trickle down my cheeks. I couldn't keep it in anymore, I sunk to the cold stoned ground bringing my knees to my chest my breathing ragged. I didn't notice that Professor Snape had gathered me up in his arms sitting in his lap, until he whispered "it's ok, shh darling" whilst stroking my black curls.

Snape P.O.V
After a few minutes sat on the floor running my fingers through her black tresses, her breathing had calmed. I noticed she grabbed on to my teaching robes and nuzzled her face into my chest. I also noticed her eyes were closed which must mean she'd worn herself out by crying.

I stood up with Avalon still curled up in my arms, I walked out of my Potion Class and to the bottom of the cold, dark corridor where a landscape painting of a dark forest scene hung on the wall. I whispered the password 'Aconite' and the painting revealed a door. Opening the doorway it led Severus to his personal chambers where he walked through his Slytherin décor sitting room towards another door placed spaciously at the back of the room.

Moving gently through the door being careful not to hurt her, he walks over to his Queen sized bed covered in matt black covers, pillows and two Slytherin green cushions. Placing the young girl cradled in his arms down onto his bed he pulled a blanket to cover her so she stays warm. Walking away from the bed he moved over to the wardrobe and pulled out a large, white, square box taking it with him back to the sitting room. Falling back on to the grey plush sofa, he opened said white box and looked through pulling items out, until he came across a particular object which happened to be a moving photograph containing a couple both with black hair, one curly the other straight and pale complexions, cuddled up to each other with large, loving smiles plastered on theirs faces looking down at a little bundle of joy, wrapped in a soft lilac blanket. A tuft of dark black hair softly cover their head and large adorable black eyes looking up at both the man and woman smiling.

It was a wonderful memory that Severus held dear to his heart, the day the love of his life gave him the most precious gift of all.

His beautiful daughter.

A/NThe closest I could get to Severus Snape hugging Avalon, in the classroom

A/N
The closest I could get to Severus Snape hugging Avalon, in the classroom. Sorry that good.
EmilySnapexx