Chapter 6: We Meet Again

The next morning I work up rather early, so i decided to get a shower. Walking as quietly as I could to the bathroom without waking the other two girls in my dorm, once finishing in the shower I opened the door and noticed the girls still asleep, instead of using my hair dryer like I usually do I used an instant dry charm on my hair curling it at the same time, then I got dressed into my school robes. Making my way down to the Great Hall for breakfast I looked down at my watch to check the time and I noticed it was only six thirty, I started to worry as I didn't know if anybody else would be up. Once turning the corner on to the main corridor I crashed into someone and I fell down on to the concrete floor. Looking up I saw Professor Snape holding out his hand towards me, I took hold of his and he pulled me up. Once I was up on my feet his facial expression changed and he asked "What are you doing wondering the corridor this early?" At first I couldn't say any words but then I took a deep breath before answering his question "I'm on my way to the Great Hall for breakfast and I always get up this early" as soon as I finished answering his question his expression changed again, only he wasn't angry but it seems curiosity was getting the best of him. After standing there looking up at him waiting for him to say something and when he finally did it was the strangest of occurrences, "Miss Avalon would you mind if I walked with you to the Great Hall" he asked quite profoundly.

Astonished at the question he just asked I was shocked but nonetheless I smiled and nodded in acceptance of him joint me. Whilst walking along the corridor, the silence between us broke as he asked me a question "How are you enjoying Hogwarts?" I smiled at his attempt of creating a conversation, trying not to burst into laughter I answered his question "so far I am enjoying my time here although classes don't start until after breakfast, and I am nervous all the same as... I stopped myself from continuing and this did not go unnoticed by the professor as he question me again.

"Same as what Avalon?"

I snapped my head up at him due to the formality disappearing, he stopped in his tracks just before the descending staircase and looked over to my shocked and confused expression realising the mistake he began to apologise "I'm sorry Miss Avalon for my common tongue, it was..." But before he could finish I interrupted.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but it's perfectly fine for the reduced use of formality as I have asked Professor Dumbledore to remove my surname as it wasn't my biological name so I asked him to call me Avalon and I asked the same from you, Severus. You see you have nothing to apologise for, but please do call me Avalon it saves the hassle of calling me Miss all the time." I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

Surprised by her mature response he agreed to calling Avalon but warned her never to call him Severus again and they both continued down the halls, though Snape did seen curious by what she said about her surname not from her biological parents, so he decided he would ask her. "Avalon, I wondered if you could enlighten me about something?" She looked towards him smiled and nodded for him to continue with his question, "I just wondered what you meant by your name not being biological?"

Amused by this she began to giggle and soon after she started to clarify what she meant "The reason I don't wish to be called by that surname is its not my name it was my adoptive parents, you see I was brought up by muggles since I was a baby, they didn't appreciate magic and they were cruel to me so I don't want to be called by their name, I want to be called by my biological name given to me by my birth parents but I..." As she was about to say something else Snape interjected to ask another question. "What are your birth parents name's?" As if she read his mind she answered instantly to his question "I don't know who my birth parents are but I do have some clues and I will find them!" Curious to know what these clues are he knew it would be a sensitive subject for them both, but he wanted to know about the cruelty of these muggles towards her, he was hesitant to ask but he would save it for another time.

A/N: I'm really sorry I didn't update early I have been really busy going on holiday then moving house and then going to college and having to go to the doctors so please don't be mad as I have already started writing the next chapter and I hope this one is ok it's a bit of a fill in just to get a little bit of minds ticking that's all if you think you know what is happening please don't comment it I don't want it to be ruined for others readers xx

EmilySnapexx