Chapter 28

All of the dark Binders here in the palace were now dead, and so were some vampires and grey binders.

Simon and the other guard were checking the bodies to see who was alive and who was dead.

I walked toward the door to exit the palace but was stopped by Macy. She had tears in her eyes.

"Eve, I'm so sorry about lying to you and i'm sorry about your brother," she said.

I looked at her and smiled.

"Don't worry about that, we have a war to get through no need to waste your words on apologies," I said, but not in an insulting way.

"Okay," she said.

I then turned around to see a dead Kent. My heart pounded. He was just a boy. Tom soon came toward us and tackled me into a bone crushing hug.

"You okay?" he asked noticing the tears that were falling from my cheeks.

I nodded. Turning my gaze away from the poor Kent.

Soon another vampire walked up to me. She was tall and very thin and had grey eyes and thick blond hair.

She looked exactly like Aunt Maria.

"Hello, I'm Amanda. I believe you met my mother?" She said politely.

I managed to get out of Tom's bone-crushing grip and walked toward her.

"Yes I have. Hello. Um your mother is a wonderful woman," I said awkwardly.

She smiled and nodded.

We were now all gathered in the corridor before the exit. Freddie was here with us as well.  I looked at everyone. They seemed to be staring in the distance.

I followed their gaze to the shining lights in the distance. They grew closer and closer.

As they came closer I began to make out shapes of a black car. It halted in front of us and two well dressed men came out of the car. One had green eyes and red hair and the other had black hair and hazel eyes and a smaller leaner structure.

"Aaron and Evelan?" they shouted.

Aaron, who was carrying Jack's body, walked toward me. We both walked toward the men.

"That's us," I said.

"Good, we will be taking the two of you to our rebellion organisation."

"What about the rest?" I asked.

"Our vans will pick them up and send the vampires back home and the grey binders to a binder hospital and rehabilitation centre," they said.

I nodded.

"Can we take my brother with us please? I would like to give him a proper burial," I asked looking at Jackson.

The men nodded.

They took Jackson from Aaron and put him into the trunk.

"Won't he rot?" I asked.

"You can use binding to keep him cold," the man with the green eyes suggested.

I walked over to the trunk and flicked my hands. It took some time, but eventually the trunk froze and closed.

Aaron took my hand and led me into the car.

He gave me a reassuring smile and I returned it giving his hand a squeeze.

I then turned and looked out of the window, looking one last time at these solemn faces, wondering whether I would see them again. My gaze then moved to the palace. This place would haunt me and my memories for an eternity.