-5-

I started questioning why I even came back to visit Cali. I knew Nate and I were gonna fall back, I knew I would have nothing to do.

I could go to the beach and chill, but I would look like an idiot by myself.

So I decided to take Jack up on his offer. Who knows, maybe he will treat me differently.

I did my makeup and put on a black sweat shirt and my jeans with my flip flops, then went down to room 244

Before I even reached the door, I heard the song Almost Famous by G-Eazy playing from the crack of his door. It was opened.

"Jack?" I slightly pushed open the door.

I walked inside and saw Jack with wet hair and his jeans on. Water dripping down his torso. I tried not to be affected but it was easy to tell I was weak.

"Hey, Carina....come to chill?"

I bit my bottom lip and nodded trying to keep my eyes on his face and nowhere else.

"Well actually, " I spoke, "I was bored in my room so I came to see what good I could do you."

He smiled, drying his hair with his towel and throwing on a black shirt.

His hotel room smelled like axe.

I looked around and went to sit on his bed.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah what?"

"Why are you staying in a hotel?"

He stood in front of me, brushing out his hair.

"My house is getting the carpets pulled, I'm replacing them with hard wood. They said they are done today so you can come with me to bring my stuff back if you want."

"Oh for real?"

"Yeah."

"Right on." I stood back up, thinking Jack was gonna step back but he didn't, which made us extremely close.

My breathing hitched and it was quiet for a moment.

"I-im sorry." I stuttered going around him.

He grabbed my bicep and pulled me back to my spot.

"Who said I didn't like you right there?" He whispered and my knees started to unfold.

I look at him in his eyes and he did the same.

"I affect you?" He smiled letting me go and I stumbled back.

"No, no you don't." FUCK I stuttered.

"It's okay baby. I don't bite, well I do but...I won't right now." He smiled and grabbed his keys, phone, and bags.

"Come on." He said turning off the lights and walking into the hallway.

I got into the passenger side of his Jeep and buckled my seat belt he did the same.