-7-

Jack rolled over onto my shoulder again for the 11th time tonight.

"Would you cut it out already!?"

"My bad... I kinda just wanted to cuddle with you. You know it's been a week since it happened. Do you think we can talk about it now?"

I took a deep breath and faced him.

"Jack there's nothing to talk about..."

"Really? Because it seems like your putting the blame on me." He sat up.

"How?" I sat up.

"You ignore me, you don't let me touch you, you don't eat anything I make for you, you walk around on your phone all day...."

"I've just been going through it tough."

"You don't think I have???"

"No, I mean yes, I mean I know you have it just as hard, but to get all the symptoms without.......it was scary," my voice fell softer towards the end of the sentence.

"Carina, I wanted that baby!"

"WHAT BABY?!?? There was NO baby JACK!!! Get that through your fucking head okay!!??!!!"

"I WANTED THERE TO BE ONE AND YOU DIDNT THAT FUCKING HURT."

"It's not like I aborted it jack.... It was a hysterical pregnancy that neither of us can blame on each other. I'm sorry for being so distant but I haven't been feeling well, okay? Let's just sleep and talk about it in the morning,"

We both layed back down facing our sides. Tears came running silently down my face as I forced my eyes to shut.

*

I bit on the corners of my French toast and starred out the window past jacks shoulder. He turned around and smiled.

"What are you starting at?"
I didn't answer
"Well I guess I cant complain at least you're eating right?" He chuckled.

I took a deep breath.

"Look I wanted to apologize for interrogating you last night.... I know you were being honest, I don't know why I was mad. It wasn't your fault that you weren't pregnant."

He gently rubbed my back and kissed my forehead.

Suddenly, hot guilt  rushed up my throat quickly.

I shoved him out my way and darted to the bathroom where I released the liquid but not the feeling.

"Hey, hey, hey........" He held my hair into a pony tail and let me finish, then he handed me a warm wet towel to clean up.

When I stood up to wipe my tears from my eyes I made contact with his and suddenly, I was feeling more guilty than ever.

"You wanna tell me what's up??"

"Nothing, just feeling sick....is all." I said quietly leaving the bathroom with jack trailing behind.

"Really? Because the symptoms of being 'sick' include baby biting your food, ignoring me!?"

"Jesus , jack, you're over reacting."

"Sorry I want to communicate with my girlfriend...."

"No, jack I just want to get off this topic."

"I'm trying to help you out with that but you fucking ignore everything I say!!!!"

"Jack I'm so TIRED of ARGUING!!!!"

"Then STOP STARTING ISSUES."

I stood still then turned to face him.

"Sorry." I spit dry and sat down.