-8-

"I WAS PREGNANT!!" I spit out quickly .

He looked at me and his face softened.

"Was? What do you mean?"

"Jack don't make me say it...." I was already in pools full of tears, my voice sounding strained and I looked like I was going to cry dramatically on the floor in a few seconds."

"What did you do Carina?" His voice getting angry again.

"Jack you know what I did, I hurts I can't say it, I can't jack....."

"GOD DAMMIT!!!! FUCKING SAY IT CARINA!" He threw the lamp at me but I ducked and began screaming and crying like I was being murdered.

"Do do this to me baby, please jack!!!! Don't make me say it!!"

"CARINA IM TIREd OF YOUR BULLSHIT SAY THE WORD RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!!!!!!"

"I SHOULDNT HAVE TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP WHERE IM BEING EMOTIONALLY ABUSED!!!"

"THEN LEAVE , I SHOULDNT HAVE TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP WHERE MY GIRLFRIEND IS KEEINH SECRETS FROM ME...."

"Fine, jack... I aborted it okay!?? I had it aborted. "

His eyes watered and he was even more upset.

"Why?"

" I COULDNT DO IT JACK I COULDNT I DONT WANT KIDS I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT KIDS!"

"YOU FUCKING KILLED MY BABY!!!!! I fucking hate you carina!!! I can't stand you HOW COULD YOU KEEP THIS FROM ME?? And LIE to me??!!??"

"I didn't want you to react like this..."

"Well guess what? I am reacting like this.... But don't worry, you will never see me act this way again. I'm done."

Jack tried walking away but I held onto his ankles.

"Baby don't leave me please!!!" I practically squeezed out with the little bit of voice I had left.

"Get the fuck off of me I should call the cops!"

"Abortions are legal...."

"They shouldn't be!!!"

I woke up by having boiling water hit my face. I felt the burns marks forming already.

"Carina???wake up are you okay???"

"Why would you burn me???"

"It was cold water carina.....are you okay?"

"Did we fight? " I asked looking around.

"What? When?"

"Never mind..... What day is it?"

"Tuesday? We run the marathon today???"

"Oh right... I forgot." I muttered and got up.

"What did you dream about?"

I froze and remembered what happened when I kept secrets from jack.

"I dreamt I was pregnant but I told you I was hysterically pregnant when I actually got an abortion and I didn't tell you so you started hurting me."

He smiled.

"You're such a weird dreamer." He kissed me on my cheek.

He got up and went towards the bedroom door.

"Wait where are you going?"

"To get you something..."

He retired with a cup of rose petal water and my hair brush.

"Please get dressed."

I nodded and stood up, walking over to my closet.

"Do we have to run the marathon? I kind of just want to drink milkshakes or somethin."

He scoffed. "Babe, you've been counting down the days for this for like 3 months.... Now all of a sudden you don't want to go?"

"I just feel like I'm not in the best mental state and id much rather get fat not fit." I continued to lift shirts up to my chest to see if they were still my size.

"I mean I guess it's up to you.... We can watch movies and drink milkshakes.... Just come with me to the store to get some things."

Jack fumbled around Walmart, me trailing behind eyeballing anything with even a gram of sugar in it.

"Okay all I need is chocolate ice cream and straws if your choice..."

I picked the largest container of chocolate ice cream.

"Carina that is 25 bucks? You got that kind of money.....?"

"Oh PLEASE jack?"

"Carina, get the medium container for 10 bucks.... I'm sure it will satisfy you equally."

I rolled my eyes and followed him to the register, not saying a word.

we drove in the car back home , again silent.

"You are such a brat...."

"How?"

" I give you money, a place to stay, clothes, food, so many fucking things and I don't even remember the last time I heard a thank you..... You're kissed because you didn't get a certain brand or size of ice cream? Are you fucking serious carina?? "

"Can you watch your tone please??" I whined and looked out the window with an even more pissed off face."

"No, I can't.... You need to talk this out with me."

"Thank You Jack! Is that what you wanted to hear?"

"A little less fake next time." He groaned and continued driving recklessly as always.