OVERTALE - Chara's PoV

Sans comes back looking like someone at the last Cookie on earth. I leave him be, knowing he doesn't want to be disturbed. He's likely to just Gaster Blast me to space or something. The thought makes me laugh. I'm really happy, apart from all the drama. In fact, I don't think I have ever felt this good in my life. Simply being around all these friendly monsters is enough to make your SOUL warm.

I pitter around the kitchen, hoping to find ingredients for non-spaghetti meals, and manage to come up with enough stuff to make a quiche. I decide to tie the slightly burnt apron around my waist because I don't want to borrow any of Frisk's clothes until she gets back. I'd feel awfully bad...

I hum a little tune as I make the quiche, and Sans darts in and out of his room every now and then. He claims he's getting more socks for his tornado, but I know that he's checking on me. He had tear tracks on his cheekbones, and I wanted to comfort him...

My heart stops for a second.

Wait, I haven't had a malevolent thought in... well, in ages. In fact, I feel so positive, so determined, so... Happy. I smile widely, my head spinning giddily with this new revelation. I might be a good person... I might be humane... I can finally be a Human with a pure SOUL!

I pull the quiche out of the oven and cut off a slice, before heading towards Sans' door. I knock three times and he opens the door after about five years.

"What do you want?" He growls, and I merely thrust the slice of quiche towards him.

"I made food. It's not spaghetti, and I think it's edible. If it's not, I guess you won't really have a bone to pick with me cuz Papyrus made worse..." I gulp, I didn't mean to insult Papy so badly.

"Kid, Tibia honest with you, Undyne burnt her house down... three times. It can't be that ba- HOLY GOAT OF HYPERDEATH IS THAT A QUICHE?" Sans starts sweating.

"Uh... yes...?" I mumble, startled by his reaction.

"I freakin love quiche." Is all he says, before he pulls me in a bone crushing hug, all the while keeping the plate steady with his magic.

I feel a warm glow in my heart, and know that, for me at least, everything is going to be okay.