Frisk

I wander out of Grillby's an hour after Sans' outburst with a grin on my face and a skip in my step. I wander over to the Inn and reach out for my SAVE file. I save, my soul filling with determination. I make my way over to the left, crossing the Deadly Gauntlet Bridge and strolling peacefully all the way back to where I met Sans for the first. I climb atop the barrier Papyrus built and dangle my feet off the edge. I remember what Sans told me about this place.

"My bro built the bars too wide..."

Heh. There's only one person Sans cares about, and that's Papyrus. Sans will always manage a smile and a joke for Papy. Not even Grillbz, or even me. We realised this today. We aren't Sans' friends. We're his allies. Acquaintances.

"Isn't my brother cool?"

Yeah, Papy is cool. Sans... The first time I met his, all his enthusiasm was directed towards Papyrus. It hurts more when I think of this. Back then I was naïve. I thought Sans wanted a new friend, but all he was doing was looking out for Papyrus.

"Wanna have a bad time?!"

His words echo in my ears and I let out a sob. Was that I am? A pesky kid who is preventing their happiness. I know they say they don't want me to go but... I could SAVE them. Send them to the surface...

I hop off of the beams I was sitting on and make my way back to Snowdin, making sure to Pet all the dogs on my way back. I reach our house... Sans' house... but realise I'm not ready to enter yet. I walk further, to the place I fought Papyrus that one time and MERCY'd his butt. I giggle, then yawn loudly.

I stretch my arms out and fall backwards onto the thick snow blanket.

I close my eyes.

And sleep.