Chptr 38: "I Trust You"

--Authors's POV--

“Wait.”, Jisoo held her hand up in front of Jonghyun to cut off his narration. Then she looked at him weirdly.

They're on a cafe to hang out after classes. Jonghyu remembered something and excitedly shared it to Jisoo.

“So you're telling me that Yerin is jealous of me?”, she asked.

“Exactly.”, he nodded.

“And you're telling me that with a happy expression on your face?”, she asked once again with a growing confusion.

“Uhuh. I'm definitely happy.”, Jonghyun nodded again and took a sip on my juice.

She furrowed her brows. “You're happy? Is that even normal? I thought men should be cautious if their girlfriends are being jealous.”

“But I'm not. I'm happy because normally, she really doesn't pay attention to girls around me. But now, at last, she became jealous and that means she cares for me.”

“Okay, that reason seems to be acceptable. But really, she doesn't get jealous before?”, she asked in disbelief.

“Really. This is the first time.”, he assured.

“I told you I'm really something.”, She flipped her hair and smiled proudly.

“Well she doesn't really have to be jealous. I even introduced you to her so that means I'm not hiding anything. And I told her we're friends.”

Upon hearing what he said, Jisoo's smiled slightly faded but Jonghyun didn't noticed it. She forced a little smile then looked at Jonghyun.

“Y-yeah. We're... we're friends.”

--Jonghyun's POV--

I decided to go to our hangout place when I got a free time. It's been quite long since I went there and hangout with the boys because of my tight school schedule. When I got there, I haven't even opened the door yet but I can already hear their loud conversation and hearty laughs.

“Guys, I'm here!”, I cheerfully greeted when I opened the door and got in.

The boys clapped but giving me a teasing look.

“Woah. Looks who's here~”, Onew said.

“Our lover boy have come.”, Key added.

“What's with that greeting?”, I asked cluelessly.

“Hyung. We've heard you didn't went home last night and slept somewhere.”, Taemin wriggled his eyebrows.

Minho got up from his seat and shook my hands.

“Congrats bro.”

I frowned as soon as I got what they were talking about. I threw Minho's hands off mine and pushed him aside.

“Yah. It's not what you're thinking. I just slept at Yerin's house because it's already too late to go home.”, I explained.

“But you still slept there.”, Key looked at me meaningfully.

“Yeah, I slept there and that's it. I JUST slept there.”

Their eyes are all narrowed while looking at me suspiciously. I doubt that they're believing me.

“You? Kim Jonghyun? JUST SLEPT there? I don't think so...”, Minho shook his head while eyeing at me.

I grabbed a couch pillow and threw it to him. “I'm not like you.”