Chptr 45: He Won't?!?

[A/N]: Hi there! :) I made a Bulk Update and you might be confused on what was my last update and where should you start. So before you start reading this chapter... Have you seen Chptrs 41-44? Read that first if you haven't. ^-^ Enjoy~

~~~~~~

--Yerin's POV--

“Yerin, let's eat.”, Yeonmi said while peeking her head from the door of my room.

I just shook my head and looked away.

Yeonmi sighed, entered my room and slowly walked to me. She sat beside me and let my head rest on her shoulder.

We just stayed quiet while in that position. Knowing that she's beside me already helps calming me.

Surprisingly, I'm not crying right now. It's not because I'm not in pain anymore, or I'm not sad anymore, my tears just stopped from flowing, at least for now, though I wish I'll just cry too ease all the pain inside me.

“He believes I totally didn't visit him while he's in the hospital.”, I said lifelessly while staring at a space.

“But actually, I went there, for a few times. I just didn't let anyone see me. I would peek at his window whenever I'm there. Sometimes I'd see him sleeping, sometimes he's awake. All I wanted to do then is to show up and just hug him and take care of him but I can't because of that decision I should hold on.”, I told her.

Yeonmi knows it all. She's the only one that knows everything, being my bestfriend. Sometimes, she'd be the one who would visit and check Jonghyun for me.

“You don't have to stay like this. Just go back to him and you'll be fine again.”

“I can't anymore. I already let him go.”, I sighed.

Few more moments of silence then my phone suddenly rang.

“Pick it up.”, Yeonmi said when she felt that I was about to ignore the call.

Following her, I looked at the caller ID first. I hesitated to answer it because I'm not sure if I'll be able to talk to her right now but at the end, I ended up taking the call.

“Unni...” I softly called.

“You're not busy, right? Let's meet.”, she said in a not-so-lively voice. She gave it as a command instead of asking me.

“I'm not busy.”, I answered.

“Great. I'll text you the location.”, she said in finality then immediately hung up, not giving me a chance to refuse.

“Sodam Unni?”, Yeonmi asked.

I nodded. “Shall I meet her? I don't know how will I face her after what I did.”

“You have to face her. You can't just hide from them the forever.”

---------

We have been sitting in front of each other in a cafe for minutes since we met but we're still both quiet. I'm feeling really nervous because I can feel that Unni is mad at me. I totally understand her, she has all the rights to be mad at me.

“H-how's Jonghyun, u-unni?”, I gathered all my courage to be able to talk just to start the conversation.

I wanted to ask more about Jonghyun's condition and his recovery but I don't think she will like it.

She looked at me blankly. “So, you still care for my brother.”

I bowed my head down, embarrassed on what she said. I had it confirmed that she's mad at me.