Chapter 4

When I woke up I notice that I had woken up tothe sound of glash shattering and shouting. I sighed. What had I expected? This was the Phantomhive Manor. Meh-rin was alway breaking things an Sebastian was always tellin her off. I took out my phone to see the time. I saw it was 8 in the morning. Shouldn't Sebastian have woken me up by now? Maybe he was on his way! Maybe he had forgotten about me. Either way I was fine but it still kind of bothered me.

I got out of bed and saw a dress on a chair waiting for me. It was a maids dress like Mey-rin's. When did this get here? Maybe Sebastian was already in here. Hmmm..... I quickly put on the dress thanking Ciel that I didn't have to wear a horrid corset that would probably end up choking me. I looked around for a hairbrush and found one by the mirror that I had seen last night. Just like last night my reflection was of my blond haired self but this time when I checked for a tail I saw none. I took a strand of hair and looked at it. I saw it was blond.

What is going on? Maybe I am only a cat at night? Could that be it? Yes that must be it. That is the only thing that makes sense. (really? You are living with a demon and you still can't figure out a little trick like this? Wow. Just wow.) I picked up the hairbrush and ran I through my hair a couple of times when I was satisfied with how my hair looked I opened the door and ran downstairs.

When I got downstairs I had to duck because a dart came whizzing by. I looked to where the dart came from to see a bore looking Ciel. Finny ran up to him and asked, "What was that for, Young Master?" I giggled a little. Nobody seemed to notice though. I was glad of that.

I then walked up behind Finny and said, "Good morning, Young Master, and Finny."

At this Finny turned around and smiled. "Hi," he said back happily. Then he said, " Uhm excuse me for asking miss but how might you know my name when it is obvious we have never met before?"

"Yes I would like to know how you knew his name as well." Sebastian said while walking up behind me.

"That's a long story that I don't think I will be going into to a while. That and it's a secret." I said this while smiling. When Sebastian frowned, I smirked. It was fun teasing him. I see why Ciel likes it so much. "Anyway," I said turning back to Finny. "It must be inconvenient. I know you but you dot know me." I bowed while saying, "I am Alice Moon. I am going to be a new maid to help out Mey-rin."

"Nice to meet you Miss Alice!" He said excitedly while stickig out a hand for me to shake.

I noticed that Ciel ha stayed quiet this entire time. When I looked up to see why he was just staring at me like I ha grown another head. I started to feel uncomfortable, "Why are you staring at me like that, Master Ciel?"

He replied first by dismissing Finny and the other before turning to me, "What happened to your cat ears and tail? I could have sworn you had some last night."

"So that whole cat thing wasn't a dream." I muttered to myself, "To tell you the truth, I am no even sure myself, Sir. This mornining I thought it had just been a dream. After all last night was the first time I have ever had them. Sadly you remembering them means it wasn't."

"Well I suppose it is for the best. After all you dont want those four finding out. How did you change your hair color too?"

"What are you talking about? This is my normal hair color. Anyway I was hoping you would give me my chores so that I might get them over with already. I have a feeling that 'she' will be here later." I mumbled the last part to myself.

"Excuse my inquiry, Miss Alice, but who might 'she' be?" Sebastian asked.

"No one you need to worry about Sebastian." I said while smiling. I turned back to Ciel. "Sooooo about my chores?"

"For your chores you will be, cleaning the dishes, dusting the library, and giving Pluto baths. You will also do any other chores that Sebastian has in mind for you later." He said after thinking for a little bit.

"O.K. Thank you, Master. I will be taking my leave now to get started." I bowed and then left.

When I walked our of the room Sebastian followed me and said, "I believe it is time that I introduced you to the other servants." He stopped for a minute and thought. Then he said, "Properly."

I laughed and said, "Lead the way then." He simply nodded and turned and started to leave. I started to follow and tripped. I see why Mey-rin has a problem walking around here. I mean I am tripping and I am not the most clumsy when it comes to walking. I went down and hit the floor. I started laughing and Sebastian turned around and looked at me. He raised an eyebrow but I waved him off.

I stood up and dusted of the dress. I looked back up and saw that Sebastian had started walking again. I quickly followed to make sure that I wasn't going to get left behind.

~small time lapse~

After meeting all of the other servants I had gone to start my chores. First I went to dust the library. As soon as I found the library my eyes widened. I hadn't expected it to be this big. It's bigger in real life than how it looks in the anime. I took out my Ipod, that I had conveniently found in my pocket this morning. I also found some headphones so I put them in and turned on the song "Sarcasm" by Get Scared.

Soon after I started dusting I felt eyes on me. "You can come out Sebastian." I said without turning around.

He came out and I finally looked up. I couldn't hear what he was saying but it looked like he was saying, "The young master wishes to speak with you."

Of course I didn't know if that was right so I took out one of my headphones and said, "I'm sorry. What did you say?"

"I said the young master wishes to speak with you. You need to start listening."

"Well I'm sorry I am a bit preoccupied right now because I kinda need to finish." I said going back to my work. He looked unhappy at what I said, but I just shrugged and continued. I was almost done when Sebastian picked me up and put me over his shoulder carrying me to Ciel's study.

"Put me down Sebastian." I said in an irritated tone. He just said, "OK," and dropped me. I noticed we were right outside Ciel's study. I sighed in defeat and stood up. I knocked on the door and heard a quiet, "Come in."

I opened the door and said, "Sebastian said you wanted to speak with me."

"Yes I did. I would like to tell you that we are going out to a ball tonight and I wish for you to accompany me. It is a costume party just in case your ears and tail should appear."

"Why do you want me to go?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Because I need to keep an eye on you. That and you will have to be the bait."

"WHAT?? Who ever said I would be bait for you??!! I know how this Jack the Ripper thing ends up and I don't like it."

Ciel looked at me surprised, "Who told you we were on the case for Jack the Ripper?" He looked over at Sebastian, who just shrugged in reply.

"That is for me to know,and you not to." I said smiling very proud of myself yet mad at myself at the same time. I was proud that I had surprised Ciel but I was mad because I had told them that I knew when they didn't know I knew.