chapter 6

I turned around quickly to see who had spoken. When I do I see a guy with brown hair and red eyes. I say, "Well that all depends on who you are."

"I am Dalkiel. Fallen angel and high treason officer for the Devil himself." He said taking a small bow.

"I am Alice, but why would you tell me all of that?" I asked while tilting my head in confusion. "I am not a Demon and I don't serve the Devil to begin with so there is no way I could be in trouble with him."

"I was on my way to interrogate someone when you started to follow me and I was curious as to why you would follow me."

"Oh.... I followed because I saw a shadow and I am naturally curious so being me I followed." I replied rubbing the back of my head. "Well I'll be off now! I need to visit someone! Bye." I said while running back around the corner to the Undertaker's.

When I got up to the door I was sad to find it locked. Maybe I shouldn't have come so late. Hehe. When I turned around I saw a black cat sitting there looking at me. It had bright green eyes that reminded me of a shinigami. I smiled and said, "Hi there little kitty!"

It just blinked and meowed back. I smiled and said, "Do you wanna come home with me? I have a nice place to keep you!" I said with a smile. She meowed in reply and slowly walked up to me. I bent down and scratched between her ears. I picked her up and said, while giggling, "I'll take that as a yes, you do want to come."

I then started walking to the Phantomhive manor carrying the cat. When we were almost there I said, "I think I will call you Midnight. What do you think of that?" As a reply she started purring I smiled knowing that she liked the name. When I finally got there I hurried to my room and said while putting Midnight down, "If you would like you can sleep on the pillow in the windowsill. That way you would have a view."

I smiled and started to laugh when she quickly ran all the way to the windowsill and sat on the pillow purring. "You are so cute, Midnight!" I laughed louder when she started to paw at the pillow as if she were making it more comfortable.

"Midnight. The one condition of you staying here is: When I am gone you have to be very quiet and not make a sound. If you do someone will find you. And if a certain someone finds you then he will never let you alone." Of course I was exagerating to get my point acrossed but Midnight nodded and laid down. She was soon asleep and I crawled into bed and fell asleep as well.