Chapter 7- The Phone Call

Tyler's POV:

After the concert, we both stayed backstage to talk to some band and crew members, and even got some numbers before we left. As we walked walked out and back to my car, Hailey stopped me right before I was about to open the door for her.

"Thank you again for tonight. It was absolutely amazing" she says, as she gets up on her tip toes and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around her, as my hands roamed every inch of her back, and waist, pulling her closer, as her hands played with my hair and then she pulled me in closer as well. It felt like it was getting a little too intense so Hailey pulled away and smiled, "I love you" she said, and I smiled back at her. "I love you too"

After I dopped Hailey off at her house, then went of to mine to catch a good night sleep.

~A few weeks later~

It was Monday morning and I was laying in bed sleeping, I didn't want to get up. There was nothing to do, no more hockey since the season was over. All my teammates headed back to their homes to spend time with their families, but then there's me, in Boston. So far things weren't going great for me, both my parents (Jackie and Paul Seguin) were on business trips, so it was hard for me to plan a date to visit them, or for them to visit me. And of course, the fact that we lost the the Chicago Blackhawks doesn't make it any better.

I sat up, and rubbed my eyes and tried to open them. The sun was shinning bright on my face, causing me to wake up in the first place. I finally opened my eyes frustrated. Losing in game 6 at home, might've been the worst thing that's ever happened to me. This was no ordinary loss, it was a loss that costed our team the Stanley cup, we were so close and then in those last 17 seconds it was gone.

Hailey had also moved into my house, and she was out doing job interviews all day, so I basically had the house to myself. I got out of bed, and brushed my teeth, then made my way into the kitchen and poured my milk and cereal. I sat down on the living room couch and began watching tv.

I've been feeling down ever since that phone call, and don't know how I'm going to tell Hailey.

~Flash back~

It was maybe last week, and I just came out of the shower, as Hailey went to the grocery store. The phone rang so I ran over to get it.

Me: Hello?

Boston's GM: Hey Tyler, we need to talk about something.

He sounded a bit off

Me: What is it?

Boston's GM: Tyler... you've been traded to the Dallas stars.

Me: What?!

Boston's GM: Look I know how upsetting this could mean to you, but we're sorry it had to be done, and we wish you the best in your carrier, we know you'll be great with them. So could we set up a time for you to come pick up your stuff and sign some papers?

Me: Umm sure, I'll come by tomorrow at noon.

Boston's GM: Sounds good, see you then. Bye

Me: Bye

And with that, I hung up and threw myself back onto the bed, what's going to happen now i thought

~End of flashback~

I was thinking about that day a lot that I hadn't realized Hailey came home early until she called my name again. "Tyler?" she called, and I sat up straight and and started eating my cereal, "yeah?" I replied.

She sat down next to me, and took the bowl of cereal out of my hands and turned and faced me. "What's wrong? Something's been bothering you for the past week or so, and I want to know what it is." she said, with great concern in her voice.

"I was traded to the Dallas Stars." I spoke, and then looked away. I heard her gasp, but then she forced me to look at her. "Baby why didn't you tell me?" she asked. I took her hands in mine, and squeezed them. "Because I didn't want you to worry you about moving, or our relationship. I know it's tough, and I couldn't soak it in myself either." I said, as I felt tears form up in my eyes.

"What are you saying?" she asked, as I then saw she was teary eyed as well. "I'm saying, I don't think we're going to work out." I said, and then burried my face in my hands. "Tyler, there has to be something we can do, I just can't lose you!" she said, now standing and crying. I stood up with her, and wrapped her in my arms.

I was going to miss her so much. "I'll come with you!" she suggested but I shook my head. "No, I can't take you away from your life here in Boston." I told her, but she argued with me. "No I'm coming and it's a final, I can't lose you. I'd rather move with you and start over again, than lose you and still have everything else." she stated.

"I don't know.." I said, but she cut me off by kissing me. "At least promise me you'll consider it" she said, as she grabbed her purse and headed out again.

I stood their staring after her, unsure of what to do. 

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the late update, and the short chapter, I just really wanted to get this part out since I've been planning it for weeks, and really wanted to update. Anyways leave your comments about what you think of this story, it would really mean a lot to me! :) Don't forget to vote, and have a nice day! -Kat