Chapter 11- Why?

Tyler's POV:

After Brad left me Hailey and I in the locker room alone, I went to gather my things before we headed out. I noticed that Hailey was pretty quiet so as soon as we got into the car, I turned to face her instead of starting the car. "What's wrong?" I say, as I turn her face so she was looking me right in the eyes. "Nothing" she says almost above a whisper and I felt a tear stream down her face. I unbuckle my seat belt and move closer to her.

"I know there's something wrong, so just tell me" I say, as I wrap her in my arms and holds me tight. She sobs into my chest before she looks up at me and wipes her tears away. "My best friend Gwen is in the hosptial, I got the text while you were gathering your stuff." she says, and then leans back into me and sobs. I held her tightly in my arms, I didn't bother to say anything I just let her take it all in and talk to me before I try doing anything. "Sh-she g-got in a car accident" she sobs.

I pull her away, and take her hands in mine, then lift her chin so she was looking me in the eyes. I wiped away her tears, which got a small smile from her. I laughed before I brushed her hair out of her face. "Hey it's gonna be okay, we can go see her now and then when we get home I'll get out your favourite ice cream and we can watch a movie, okay?" I say, and she smiles and nods her head. I let go of her hands and she wipes away her tears while I drive off to the hospital.

I've been with her long enough to know what makes her feel better, and a movie and ice cream is high up on that list.

After about a 10 minute drive we arrive at the hospital and right as I was done parking Hailey literally jumped out of the car and ran inside. I had to jog to to catch up to her, and I didn't even catch up to her until we were inside.

We both rushed over to the front desk and the lady pointed to a room over to the left. As soon as Hailey heard her say that, she left my side again and ran into the room. I ran in after her and as soon as I came in I stopped dead in my tracks. In the room stood Gwen's family in tears, Hailey in tears and Gwen lying lifelessly on her bed. She was wrapped up in casts, and had all sorts of machines hooked onto her, and there were doctors and nurses rushing in and out of the room.

I walked up to Hailey and put my arm around her and she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly as she cried into my chest. The rest of the day went sorta along the same lines, people came and went to get food, to go home, and to check on Gwen. It was getting kinda late and the only people left were Hailey, Gwen's parents and I. I was just about to go out for a walk to get some fresh air when the doctor came back into the room.

"Mr and Mrs Hall, there's something I'd like to speak to you two about, privately" Dr Palmer said, as we all nodded and Hailey and I left the room and sat outside. We've been sitting outside the room in silence when suddenly we heard a loud cry coming from inside Gwen's hosptial room. Both Hailey and I shot up from our seats and ran into the room.

A/N: Hey guys I'm super sorry for the late update but I've been kinda busy and you know writer's block, but I promise that even though there is school just around the corner for me and I'm starting my freshman year, I will still make time to update. At the very least, I'll update once a week for each of my stories, so there you go, I promise you guys. And Uhm... If I break that promise I will update twice for each story I started in the same day to make up for the late update. Also sorry that this chapter's kinda short but I just wanted to get this little part out first.

Sooo what do you think's going to happen to Gwen? Will Brad be able to help keep Tyler in Boston? How do you think Tyler and Hailey's wedding will turn out to be? Tell me what you guys think in the comments!  :)

Don't forget to comment & vote, also a huge thank you to all of you who still read this story and put up with my late updates, love you all so so much! <3 -Kat