Chapter 9- A Formal Goodbye

Tyler's POV:

I quickly finished up on the ice, and took of my skates and helmet on the bench as I headed back to the locker room to meet up with Brad. Although when I entered the locker room, it was defiantly not what I expected.

Every one of my teammates, coaches, training staff, equipment staff and team doctors were here. "What are you guys all doing here?" I asked, as I smiled at all of them. "Wishing you a proper goodbye" Chara said, as he stepped up and hugged me. The others stepped up to and started hugging me, as I made my way over to sit by what used to be my stall.

"Look Seguin, you're a great kid with a great future, and we all wish you the best." Coach Julien said as he stepped up in front of me. "Thanks" I said, as he offered a hug. Then some of the player's wives and girlfriends stepped up and brought out a cake. "Enough about your goodbye, and let's celebrate your future!" they all said, and I just smiled and went over for some cake.

We spent and hour there just talking and enjoying out time when Brad pulled me out into the hallway to talk. "Hey remember that time we were at the mall, and you said if you were ever gonna marry someone you'd propose with that certain ring, and have both your initials engraved on it?" Brad asked.

Every time we go to the mall, I look at one certain ring. I was the most beautiful in my opinion, and that's why I chose it as my futute wedding ring. I also wanted me and my future wife's initials engraved on it.

I nodded my head and looked at Brad giving him a questioning look. He smiled, as he handed me a tiny box. "Well I went out and bought it for ya, and called Hailey over here. You're welcome, and consider it a goodbye and good luck gift." he said, as he walked back into the room. "Thanks Brad, I appreciate it!" I yelled after him, as he walked into the locker room.

Coming down the hall was Hailey. "Hey Hails" I said, walking up to her and welcoming her with a kiss. "Hey" she said, smiling at me. "Before we go in there, I've gotta tell you something" I told her, and pulled her aside.

I got down on one knee, and watched as Hailey's expressions changed from cheerful to surprised. I noticed the locker room door opened, but I heard a "sorry man" from what I think was Lucic as the door closed again.

"Hailey, since the day I first met you I fell in love. Since that day I enjoyed every moment with you, and wanted to protect you and keep you happy. You are honestly the best thing that's ever happened to me. I thank Boston so much, because if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have met you, but now I'm going off to Dallas, and I want you to move in with me and be together with me forever. I love you Hailey Bennett, so I ask you, will you marry me?" I said, and finally let out a breathe. I pulled the box out, and showed her the ring, and that was when the tears started falling from her face.

"Yes I'll marry you." she said, and I placed the ring on her ring finger, and stood up and twirled her as we both leaned in for a kiss. "Tyler, I love you so much, and I couldn't be happier. I'm so glad you want me to move with you, and that you want to spend the rest of your life with me, because that's exactly what I want with you. I don't care how complicated it'll be moving to Dallas, as long as you're with me I'll get though them. And at the end of the day, we'll both see it was worth it because we're together." she said, as I pulled her in for another kiss, then wiped away the tears in her eyes.

"You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear you say that" I said, "oh baby I think I do." she said, as she got on her tippy toes and kissed me on the cheek. "Oh but I have one small request." she said, and I held her hand tightly and smiled at her "anything for you." I said. "I want our wedding to be here in Boston." she said. I held her tightly and kissed her.

"Of course, that's a wonderful idea, now come on in and enjoy the party." I say to here, as I lead her into the locker room. Everything worked out perfectly.