Chapter 1- Surprise Surprise!

June 24, 2013

The score was 2-1 and we were in the lead by 1. There was only a couple of minutes left, and I was almost sure there would force a game 7. But then just our luck, Blackhawks forward Bryan Bickell had scored a goal.

"Shit." I muttered to myself. It's okay I thought, we can win this in overtime. I was just getting off the ice as my shift was over, when I heard the goal horn sound. I turned around thinking that we had scored, and a small smile spread across my face, but then it soon disappeared when I saw a group of Blackhawks players celebrating the goal.

Tylers POV:

The game was down to it's last 58 seconds and I knew we had to tie the game now if we wanted to win the cup. Coach Julien had yelled my name telling me to get back on the ice. I hopped over the boards and skated as fast as I could to try and get the puck, and score.

We pulled out Tuukka Rask and I could tell he was frustrated about letting in those 2 goals. Finally the puck was on my stick and I started to skate closer to the net, I saw Chara was by the goal and yelling at me to pass the puck, and just as I was about to, Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews stole the puck and was rushing for the empty net. I was racing down to stop the puck so we could go for one last rush and score.

Luckily, Toews had missed the net by a couple of inches, and just as I was about to get the puck on my stick again, the final buzzer sounded and the game was over. That was it, we lost the Stanley cup finals to the Chicago Blackhawks. Who knew that in just 17 seconds, things would change big time.

After the Blackhawks were done celebrating, and congratulating each other, we were in the handshake line. I felt horrible, I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. I quickly ran off to the locker room after the handshake line was over, but not before I caught a glimpse of Lord Stanley.

I sat at my stall and began taking of my hockey gear, and heading to the showers. I rushed through a quick shower, and went back to change. I didn't look or speak to anybody. Coach Julien came in to tell us how hard we worked and try and make us feel better after that tough loss. I just nodded my head, grabbed my stuff and headed out the door. I had to leave, it didn't feel good being here much longer after what happened long ago.

I walked down the long hallway, waving bye to a couple of people and ignoring the media. I walked so fast towards the parking lot that I had bumped into someone. Sorry I muttered as I reached my hand to help the person up. After I helped them up, she thanked me. Wait she? It was then when I heard her voice that I looked up.

There in front of me stood the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She was wearing a Bruin's jersey with my name on the back. She had her beautiful long light brown hair in curls, about breast length, sparkling light green eyes, and a warm welcoming smile.

After looking into her beautiful eyes for a while, her smile then turned into a gasp as she was surprised by who I was.

"Oh my god Tyler, uhmm Hi. Sorry I should've watched where I was going" she stated, she stuttered as she looked away and blushed. "Hey, no it's my fault. I was in such a rush out of here that I wasn't looking where I was going." I said to her smiling. "Well I guess I should be going now, nice meeting you. And Ty you were amazing out there, win or lose. Don't take it so hard on yourself." she said to me as she smiled and started walking away.

Then I did something I never expected I would've done after just meeting the girl. "Hey wait!" I yelled as I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. She was surprised but didn't flinch, she just stood there, staring at me and gave me a small smile. "Yeah?" she asked. I pulled her closer. "You wanna maybe go out to get some ice cream?" I asked, I liked this girl and I just met her. I wanted to get to know her better.

"Uhm sure, when?" she asked, a little nervous, but I could tell when she blushed that she was a little excited. "I was thinking maybe we could go out right now?" I answered. I knew I wanted to get out of here, but there was something about her that I just couldn't let go. She lightened my mood so easily, just with that sweet smile of hers. She giggled, and nodded her head. She took my hand and intertwined our fingers as I lead the way to my car.

I was now walking hand in hand with the most beautiful girl ever, and had the biggest smile on my face. As we reached the car, I unlocked it and opened the door for her. Oh my god, I don't even know her name. I got into the drivers seat, and started driving to the ice cream shop. It was awkward at first but then I broke the silence. "So I think we should get to know each other better?" I said, glancing at her while keeping my eyes on the road. She looked back at me, nodding her head and smiled. She put her hand down on the arm rest, and I held her hand. She tensed a bit, then relaxed and spoke "So I guess I should tell you my name huh?" she joked.

She was so cute, and funny. She's defiantly my type. I laughed with her and squeezed her hand. "Haha well that's a start." I answered. "Well my name's Hailey Bennett. I'm born in Boston, and just graduated from UMass. I got to graduate early actually, I'm an honors student. I'm 20 by the way." she told me as she winked during the last part. Wow I got myself a beautiful, smart and funny girl. I was one lucky guy.

We talked for the rest of the car ride there, and I got to know a lot of things about her, and she got to know a lot about me. I trusted her, I even told her things I never told anyone else before, not even my best friend Brad Marchand. She trusted me as well, as she told me about her past. Losing her father at such a young age. He had gotten into a car accident and died. I saw her shed a few tears, as she quickly wiped them away. I changed the subject and soon arrived at the ice cream shop.

I got out and opened the door for her, and she smiled and took my hand as we walked in. "Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed. "What?" I asked her as I laughed, she was in total awe at the place. "I'm taking you like it her?" I asked her and she nodded her head as she jumped up and down smiling. "I loooove ice cream, kinda obsessed actually!" she giggled. "Well you're in luck, since you're with me, I'll be taking you here a lot" I told her and winked.

We walked hand in hand to the counter and ordered our ice cream. She had 2 scoops of cookies and cream ice cream, while I ordered one scoop of chocolate. Hailey offered to pay, but I denied her of doing so, and payed. I guided her to a seat by the window and we sat down quickly. "Hey before i forget, could I get your number so we could text?" I asked shyly. Hailey's face lit up as she reached into her purse and grabbed her phone out for me, as I handed her mine. We added each others' numbers onto our phones and exchanged them back.

Soon we finished out ice cream, and she was just about to get up and leave with me as I took her hand and pulled her back. "Hailey, I know I've only just bet you today but you're the most beautiful, funny and smart girl I've ever met. I trusted you so much today, and it was so nice talking to you and getting to know you. You're so caring, and since the moment you met me, you never really freaked or tried to flirt with me like most girls usually would. You're different, you're not like them and I like that about you. So would you be my girlfriend?" I asked her, as my heart was beating rapidly.

 A/N: Hey guys!! Well this is my very first fanfic and I'm really excited about it. I'm with The Blackhawks all the way, but I love other players like Tyler Seguin for example, I was gonna start one about Kaner, but then this storyline popped up and I was like why not?? Anyways comment, vote and fan! :) I really hope you like it, and feel free to message me if you'd like me to write any other kind of fanfics (I only take hockey requests) Love you all, and I'll try my best to update! -Kat