Chapter 5- Seggy's Little Surprise

Tyler's POV:

After I told Hailey about the surprise date I planned for us, she practically ran into the washroom to get changed as fast as possible. I just stood there laughing to myself, as I waited for her. She was so cute when she gets excited.

I stood there for a few more minutes then knocked on the door, "Hails? You ready yet?" I asked. "Yeah one sec!" I heard her yell. "ugh, I'm sure you look beautiful, so hurry the hell up!" I yelled back, jokingly. After I said that, she opened the door, and stepped out. Wow she looked stunning. "I'm sorry Segsy, not my fault you brought all my make up for me too" she told me, as I glanced over at her and saw her smirking. I just took her hand in mine, and walked her back to my car.

"Soo... where are we heading?" she asked, breaking the silence. "You'll find out soon enough" I said back, winking at her, and I glanced over and noticed she was giving me her best pout in hopes I'd crack and tell her where we were heading. I laughed, and patted her with my free hand "No way am I telling you yet babe, so you better long to be patient." I told her, she looked at me, and she tried her best to be angry, but she soon gave in and started laughing. I laughed too, I knew she couldn't stay mad for long.

After about 15 minutes, I stopped  somewhere in downtown, Boston. I got out of the car, and walked over to hers and opened it for her. She stepped out and took my hand in hers, I just smiled and closed the door. We walked for a minute or two, and soon arrived at an Italian restaurant. "Welcome to part 1/3 for today's date with Tyler Seguin" I joked. I looked over at Hailey, and noticed she was dying of laughter. "What's so funny?" I asked, trying my best not to laugh. "You're really cute when you do things like this you know?" she told me, I looked her in the eyes, and gave her my biggest and brightest smile, and closed the gap between us, as our lips met once more for a kiss.

We walked in hand in hand, and got seated right away. We were silent for the next few minutes until I broke the silence between us. "So, have you decided what you wanna eat?" I asked her, she looked at the menu for a moment longer, then looked up and nodded at me. I then called the waitress over, "Hey, my name is Bethany and I will be your waitress for today." she said, flashing us both a big smile.

Bethany wasn't like most waitresses, she was tall, blonde and pretty, but she was also one of my close friends. So she didn't get jealous over my girlfriend's or give them death stares. She was really nice to them, unlike the others. "Hey Beth! This is my girlfriend Hailey." I told her as I gestured towards Hailey. Hailey heard, and she lifted her head from the menu, waved and said hi. "So what can I get you two today?" Beth asked. "Uhm.. I'd like the Chicken Alfredo with fettuccini" I told her, and smiled as I handed her my menu.

"And what about for you miss?" she asked politely, but Hailey looked a little mad and told her she wanted a ceasar salad. Bethany took our orders, and left giving us our privacy. "What's wrong?" I asked as I reached for Hailey's hand, but she retreated and looked away. "Ignoring me isn't going to help anything, so you might as well tell me what's wrong." I said, with a serious tone in my voice. She looked at me, and sighed as she spoke. "Do you think she's into you? I mean she's so much better than me. Pretty, nice, and I bet she's smart too." Hailey said.

I was in shock, why was she comparing herself to Beth? "I like you, not Beth." I stated. "And you've already got a nickname for her eh? Flirting sure makes it better when you're in a relationship with someone else." she said back. "What are you talking about? I'm just being nice to one of my really close friends. Beth is one of my friends from highschool, and a really good one. Don't feel threatened by her, cause she's not into me at all, and I'm not into her either. I'm all yours."

 She looked up at me and smiled, "You really mean that?" she asked. I took her hands in mine, "Of course, I love you." I reassured her, as our food soon came. "Thanks" we both mumbled but then Hailey continued talking to Beth, which surprised me. "Hey Bethany, I'm so sorry for how I was acting earlier, I guess I was just a little jealous." she said, Bethany pulled up a chair and sat down with us. "It's okay, I understand." she said and smiled. "Good" Hailey said, and begun eating, but i nudged Beth to go through with the plan, she simply nodded in response.