Nothing on You

I awakened to the sound of 'Girls Love Beyonce' by Drake, playing on the speakers that my Samsung Notebook was hooked up to. I sat up, stretched and went to cut it off. I smiled. Last day of school type shit.I'm in such a good mood. I skipped to my bathroom and looked in the mirror before brushing my teeth and washing my face, then taking a quick shower. I stood in the middle of my closet, tapping my index on my chin.

"What to wear? What to wear?" I asked myself as my toes sunk into the plush white carpet. I have to look cute, this is my last day as a junior. I gotta give these hoes something to think about during the summer. Haha. (Outfit to the side)

I flat ironed my hair and cleaned off my bed.

"Brooklyn." my dad called, opening my bedroom door, "Good morning, time for breakfast."

"Good morning, daddy." I said, grabbing my bag and and, cutting off the light as I left my bedroom. I walked downstairs and sat at the breakfast bar.

"Good morning, Carolina." I said, speaking to our house keeper.

"Good morning, hun."she said, sitting my plate down in front of me, "orange juice?"

"I'll get it myself." I told her.

"Sit."she warned, and I obliged.

"Bye, Carolina, Brooklyn love you." my dad said kissing my forehead and walking out of the door.

"Love you too." i yelled, before looking down at my plate of strawberry- pecan Belgian Waffles, with round eggs, a parfait, and a side of mixed fruit in a container. I dug in, drinking all of my orange juice in the process.

"You excited about visiting your mom?" Carolina asked me.

I smiled, "Of course. I miss that crazy lady." I chuckled. I live in Atlanta with my dad, he works as a Professor at Clark U. My dad has had custody of me since they divorced when I was seven. My mother lives in Chicago along with my big sister and the rest of my family. I go to visit every summer, I don't blame my mom for any of this she is a free spirit, so am I. That's the main reason for my parents divorce. I never saw it coming because when I was a kid all I could remember was the two of them being in love. My mother said it's because she was so young when they got married and had me(19), she had more growing up to do, whereas my father who was thirty-four at the time... gross, I know, anyway my father knew what he wanted out of life. There opposite ways also brought them together and apart. My mom is a free spirit she doesn't make plans, she's a chill go with the flow kind of girl and so am I. My dad on the other hand is very conservative and all that jazz.

"Thanks for breakfast." I told Carolina, kissing her cheek.

"Have a great last day... play nice." she said.

*

I pulled up to Grant High School in my red Audi, listening to 'Young Dro- fuck dat Bitch' and parked up front. I hopped out, locked the doors...these niggas love stealing cars. I wish a nigga would steal my shit though.

"Hey bitch." Jodi said as I walked up to her.

"Waddduup Baaaby?" I said.

"Why you so excited? You happy about leaving me?" she pouted as we maneuvered through the hallway. I laughed and she stopped walking abruptly, making the girl behind her run into her back.

"Watch where the fuck you going we both yelled at. She looked at us in pure shock, rolled her eyes and mumbled something under her breath.

"Don't get yo ass beat on the last day." I called after her. We walked into our home room class which was halfway fucking empty. I took my usual seat and Jodi did the same.

"Bitch what you smiling so hard for?" Jodi said., mugging hard.

I chuckled,"You salty or nah? But for real though JoJo, I'm feigning." I admitted.

She arched a brow, "You just trying to get the D? That's why you so excited?" she asked.

"Yes." I nodded, "I need it, head ain't working anymore and I'm not even interested in nobody else like that."

She laughed real good at that, "Woooh. Head ain't enough? Oh, Lawd." she said, being extra as shit.

The day was going by far too slow, I can't help but to look at the clock in a few hours I'll be on the first plane smoking to Chicago.

*

By lunchtime i was all the way zoned out, while texting Tre.

"Brooklyn Abrielle Goode." Jodi said, snapping her finger.

"Yes, Jodi?" I said, looking up from my phone.

"Say CHEESE!" she said, I looked in her direction and Tommy, the guy that does the yearbook snapped a picture. I probably looked retarded as shit. I leaned over the table with intentions to smack her, I fell and took her down with me.I Was laughing then.

"This shit gon be great...keep going" Tommy said, snapping pictures of us on the floor.

"Tommy, I swear to-" I started before I felt something crawling down my back. It was Jello, I turned to look at Jodi and picked up her pizza. "Yo, Tommy... Smack Cam!" I yelled, smacking her with the pizza.

"FOOD FIGHT." Tommy yelled, these kids went crazy. Food was flying everywhere. Jodi and I burst out laughing, and crawled under a table. I looked at the ground and saw a pair of Stacy Adams dress shoes.

"Hey." I said, looking up and waving at Principal Duncan we crawled from under the table and followed him to his office.

"Since you two have never been troublemakers before, I suppose I can overlook this little incident." he said. i tried not to giggle. The hell is he gone do? It's the last day.

"I'll be keeping an eye on you two next fall, don't let this happen again."

"Yes sir." Jodi nodded, I laughed. She's so scary, he looked at me and I played it off as a cough.

He wrote us a pass to ISS for the rest of the day.

*

Jodi and I sat in the middle of my bedroom packing some of my clothes and watching 'Wild' N' Out. I'm going to miss my JoJo this summer.

"I'm gonna miss you Joski." I laughed, taking off my shirt, ready to change for dinner.

She scrunched up her face, "First of all, don't call me that shit. Secondly... YOU GOT A TATTOO?" She yelled, causing me to cover myself up, with bulging eyes. "When?" She questioned.

"You really wanna know?" I asked. I never thought I'd have to explain it, I so use to hiding it.

She gave me that 'duh bitch look', so I sat back down. "You remember when I had my sixteenth birthday party and I was sad because Teezy couldn't come down here cause he got Jammed up?"

She shook her head yes, "Well I was riding around with Tre a little but before the party, and he talked me into getting each other's names tattooed..." His says 'Brooklyn' in cursive on the left side of his chest and mine says 'TRE'

"So we keeping secrets now, Brook?"

"No, I-"

"I'm suppose to be your best friend, but you keeping things from me? That's fucked up." She said, grabbing her things and leaving.

I Rolled my eyes, why she so damn dramatic? "Dramatic ass." I said aloud.

I went to take a shower, and get ready for dinner. I went with a simple black skater dress, with gold and black Steve Madden sandals. I fixed my hair into a low ponytail. After a little lotion, a dab of lip gloss, and a squirt of perfume i was ready to go. I took a couple pictures for IG and posted them as I walked downstairs.

"I'm ready, daddy." i said as i got to the bottom step. He was waiting with his girlfriend, Darla, her daughter Mari, and her son Khail. "Hey, Khail... Mari and Darla." I said, walking past them and up to Khail,giving him a hug. I DO NOT get along with Mari or Darla. They're too stuck up. Just because you bagged a nigga with money, don't mean you got it. I road with Khail to the restaurant, we ended up eating at the Cheesecake Factory. It's not my favorite restaurant , but I do love Cheesecake. I prefer the one in San Fran though.During dinner everyone made small talk, or whatever. I mostly talked to Khail and my dad. Afterwards I went home and changed into some comfortable clothes, my flight leaves at eleven. I had just stepped out of the shower, and my door opened.

"I'm kind of naked..." I said to whomever was at the door, but it continued to open.

Vote, comment... all that good stuff!

-Who was at the door?

-Was Jodi right or wrong for getting so upset?

-Whould you have been upset with Brooklyn?

-Is Brooklyn kind of spoiled?

-Brooklyn has a tatto of a boy's name.Is she dumb for that?

*Tell me waht you guys think, give me some feed back.Please.*

~A.J