nine

[Harry's flat, Monday, November 30, 2015, 8:33 pm]

Since the outburst with Niall a few days ago, the blonde has been avoiding him like a plague. They haven't spent any time with each other and Niall hasn't stopped by to raid his fridge in so long, it's actually worrying Harry.

Harry was sitting in his couch, eating Chinese takeout when he hears a crash resound in his bedroom. He instantly drops the carton he was holding and grabs one of his boots.

Every since his encounter with the Green Goblin and Electro, he was terrified almost every moment of the day.

He sucks in a breath when he hears a stumble of footsteps. He quickly shuffles to his feet and makes his way to his room. He holds the shoe up, hands shaking violently. He enters his bedroom, peaking around slowly, trying to find out what the noise was.

Suddenly, a web is shot at his hand and the boot he was holding flies out of his grasp and onto the wall behind him. He lets out a scream, clutching a hand to his chest.

Spider-Man is leaning against the wall by the window, body slumped and breathing heavily. Harry instantly becomes hyperspace, running towards him.

"Oh my God, what happened to you?" He asks, hands flitting around his body nervously. Spider-Man chuckles dryly, letting the young lad set him on his bed.

"Let's just say, I'm not very good at web slinging when I'm a little bit disoriented."

"Disoriented? What do you mean?"

"I kinda had a stand off with Electro and he beat my arse." The hero says, sounding embarrassed. Harry laughs quietly as he tends to his wounds which consist of burned and cut skin.

"We really have to stop meeting like this, babe." Spider-Man whispers, once Harry has stitched up some of his more serious cuts. He blushes at the word babe.

"L-Like what?"

"You, stitching me up." He says and Harry could hear a hint of a smile in his voice.

"I..." Louis chuckles at his awkwardness. He's blushing, biting his lips subconsciously. Louis wants to kiss him. He really does, but.

He can't.

He can't put him in any more danger than he's already in. He can't have this kind of pleasure in his life. It's just not for him.

"What you said...last time you were here...was that true?" Harry asks. He doesn't even need to question what he's talking about.

"Yes. It is. But–we–I...we can't happen. I want to keep you safe. I can't do that if I'm distracted by you." Spider-Man whispers, voice barely audible.

"I know..." Harry replies, standing up. Spider-Man follows suit when Harry places a hand on his chest, pushing him back down.

"You should rest." He says.

"God damn it, Lou, you ruin everything." Spider-Man whispers to himself as he settles back into bed.

Harry pretends to not hear him.

Is that his name? Lou?

He moves around the room, grabbing the bloodied gauze and stitching supplies. Once everything is cleaned up he stares at Spider-Man with his hands on his hips.

"Well...you can stay there until you feel better...if you want." Harry says sheepishly. Spider-Man grunts and moves to stand up.

"Where will you sleep?" He asks.

"Uh...the living room?" The lanky lad replies.

"Babe, please don't. I won't be staying long, promise." Spider-Man says, standing up slowly.

"I–uh...you can stay with me in the living room, if you like." Harry stutters. Spider-Man chuckles and stumbles out of the room, and into the shabby living room with Harry.

"Mi casa es su casa." He says. Spider-Man lets out a small laugh and settles into the hard couch next to Harry.

A few moments pass in silence until Harry starts bursting out into a fit of giggles.

"What's so funny, Curls?"

"It's just...you look pretty funny with your kit on while your sitting in my flat watching Family Guy." He says between giggles.

"Ha-Ha. I know you think I look pretty damn good in this suit." He makes a show of his hands, running them over his chest and Harry lets out another fit of giggles.

"I think—"

The doorbell interrupts him. Harry panics, hands swinging around frantically.

"H? Can you let me in, bud?" It was Niall, "I want to talk."

Harry pinches the bridge of his nose and runs a hand through his hair. Spider-Man relaxes into the couch and nods towards the door.

"What? Want me to get it?" He asks sarcastically.

"If you weren't injured, I'd probably hit you right now." Harry sneers and the hero chuckles.

Harry stands up nonetheless, moving towards the door and opening it until his head poked out.

"Niall? Hey, nows not a good time." Harry rushes out and the blonde rolls his eyes.

"It never is with you. I just want to talk. Let me in, yeah?" Niall asks and Harry stays against the door, shaking his head quickly.

"I'm kind of—"

A loud crash followed by a shit echoes through the flat. The blonde raises an eyebrow and Harry blushes profusely.

"Who's that?"

"What? No one. I just got a pet." Harry rushes out quickly.

"A pet that could talk?"

"It's a parrot?" Harry retorts, knowing that his best friend will never believe him.

"All these years and you've never gotten better at lying."

"Yeah, which is why I think you should leave so I can practice some more." Harry says, instantly regretting how harsh it sounds.

"Listen, I just want to make sure you're okay. You've been hiding something from me and I just want to know what it is. And if it has anything to do with that," he says motioning the almost gone bruises on his neck, "then it's my obligation to know what's happening. Is it a boyfriend? An abusive one?" He says the last few words in a whisper.

Harry sighs and shakes his head.

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine." Harry mutters. Another crash is sounded and the curly haired lad groans.

"Okay, I'm coming in." Niall says and before Harry can say anything the blonde is pushing his way through the door and walking into the living room.

"Listen to me, you piece of shit, if you're hurting–oh my God."

Harry runs in behind him, spotting Niall staring at Spider-Man with wide eyes.

-----

yoo I'm publishing the prologue of my spideypool/larry fanfic either by today or tomorrow yeee