Chapter 11

------------------------
Banners anyone......ok next time then.

SONG - VOLCANO - THE VAMPS

------------------------

"Good morning." I nearly dropped the spatula I was holding when the back of my neck was attacked by a pair of warm lips. I smiled "Won't be a very good one if I end up ruining our breakfast will it?"

Jason hummed "Doesn't matter to me as long as I've got you here in my arms." Then his arms wrapped around my torso, intensifying my smile.

"As nice as that is, I can't eat your arms." I said playfully.

He laughed pressing one more kiss to my neck before pulling away to face me properly "I was a little sad when I woke up and didn't find you beside me. Thought you'd gone, until I realized that this was your apartment."

I laughed "I wouldn't have gone either way. Just needed to refresh us with some sustenance."

Jason kissed my neck again murmuring, "You're all the sustenance I need." The whole situation was so ridiculously sweet but I couldn't bring myself to care for one moment. I completely indulged myself in the sweetness, who cared if I had a rotten tooth later?

I whisked the batter a little more before pouring it into the frying pan, "But just to be on the safe side, we should totally have some pancakes."

"Mmm, these smell good." He commented moving away from my body to stand beside me, "I have high hopes for how good they're going to be."

"Thought I proved how great my cooking was last night." I said pretending to sound hurt.

"Oh no you did, I just like being surprised when you keep proving it over again." He replied with a wink. I smiled, flipping the pancake over, "Good choice of words. Now go sit so I can serve your breakfast."

He mock saluted me "Yes sir."

I rolled my eyes but smiled anyway.

Jason and I enjoyed a pleasant breakfast before he had to go back to his own apartment to get ready for a shoot he was doing in Midtown. For some ridiculous reason, his absence made me feel down but I texted him and brushed the feeling right off. Just because we'd had two dates and spent the night together after sex didn't mean that we needed to form some sort of ridiculous co-dependency. I was my own person and I wouldn't stop being my own person just because I was now with Jason.

Your own person would be scouting the next deep pocketed guy to catch, a distant thought slithered from the depths of my brain.

I shook my head trying to get it off. I didn't mean that particular part of me. Jason and I had started on a good note and I intended for it to remain that way. He was nice, sweet and humble, brilliant refreshment from dating stuffy, self-centered men. Besides I had a fine sum tucked away in my savings account.