Chapter 23

Fallon:

Stacey's plan backfire. Within a week, every girl in the school copied my hairstyle. Even Willow and Amber. Of course Stacey made them cut their hair. She still sends those hate notes but she's run out of hurtful things to say.

The notes lie in a box hidden in the back of my cupboard. It's a big box... And it's full... My sketchbook is fulling up too. Every time I have a bad thought or I'm upset, I pick up a pencil and open up my book of secrets. Maybe someday someone else can view these pages... Maybe... But not now... I'm not ready to share...

I'm pulled out of my spaced out state as a loud whistle echoes through the gym room. Everyone runs to get changed. I throw on an old top and some long pants. I tighten my laces before walking out.

"Miss Ashworth, it's 28 degrees! You can't play sports in those long pants." Ms Gravlin, the physical education teacher, says.
"Change. Now." She shoots a dead serious look at me. I shiver and head to the girls' changing room. I pull out the shorts I brought along. There's a reason I always cover my legs... The memory begins to play in my head. I tug at my hair in pain. I look down at my bare legs before walking out again.

All eyes fall on me. Stacey looks shocked but soon leans over and whispers to her friends. They laugh and look in my direction. Their eyes burning my skin as they look at my flaws. I take a seat next to Brandon and Toby. They both give me a reassuring smile. Brandon intertwines our fingers. I rest my head on his shoulder while Gravlin gives the instructions.

Gym was hell. Stacey's eyes never left me. Her deadly stare felt like a flame to my back. I sprint for the change rooms once the bell rings. I lock the bathroom stall, sit on the closed lid and bring my knees up to my chin.
"Did you see it?!"
"How could you miss it?!"
"Omg! It was so gross! I was like going to puke!" Stacey and her friends laugh. I know they're talking about me. The tears flow down my cheeks as I silently weep.

"So... Uh... If you don't mind me aski..." Brandon starts as we walk to our spot.
"I'm sorry Bran, I'll tell you some day. I promise." I hold out my pinkie. He laughs and links his.
"Promise." As we walk on, I squeeze the note in the palm of my hand.

Pig skin!

A/N:
Hey everyone! So it's 2 am, I had a cup of coffee before bed... Bad idea. So I couldn't sleep. Yay my writer's block is gone... For now. I hope you enjoyed!
Please
Vote
Comment
Share
And
Follow

I love you all
-Jamie❤️