Chapter 26 - Which One?

Eden gently tugged Aneesha's arm, alerting her of her presence behind her. Aneesha had been sitting by the lake by herself. Eden knew she liked alone time, so it was surprise to her. She turned her head and saw that it was Eden standing behind her, she signaled Eden to sit down beside her. The ground was a bit damp, Eden could even feel how wet it was through her jeans.

"What's up?" Aneesha asked, usually people didn't sit with her when they knew she wanted to be alone, even if they had no idea why she wanted to be alone.

"Are you okay?" Eden asked, Aneesha just smiled softly.

"Yeah, I think I am," She said her voice only a whisper above the sound of wind, "why?"

Eden shrugged her shoulders, "You look like you're thinking hard."

"You know me too well." Aneesha laughed.

There was silence after that, Eden was going to wait for Aneesha to speak first and she wasn't going to press. It felt like far too long before Aneesha spoke again.

"Honestly, I'm angry at myself. I've become someone I don't want to be."

"What do you mean? You're a good person."

"I've become someone who cares about what other people think about them. And I'm getting feelings now that I've been trying to block out, that I never wanted to feel until was older. I'm just really pissed with myself." Aneesha's face and voice were so emotionless while she was saying this that Eden was surprised that she could be saying those words at the same time.

"What emotions? I don't understand."

"I didn't want to be one of those girls, I always saw them as weak and stupid and now I'm one of them and I do feel weak and stupid, but is that my fault for putting that idea in my head in the first place?

"What girls? You're not making sense."

"Those girls who think they're in love when they're basically still kids and go lusting after some guy who doesn't even like them back."

And then Eden knew, she should have guessed it earlier. Aneesha felt like she was in love, and she isn't ready for that, she had been making sure that she wouldn't be ready for that. She felt like she had betrayed herself. Eden knew a way to fix it. But she didn't know who to talk to. She needed to figure it out.

*****

Eden ran up the grand staircase, having to change her path a few times due to the staircases changing their course. She had run straight out of charms, hoping she could beat Aneesha who was coming from the dungeon. Eden made it to the Gryffindor Tower and stood outside waiting for who she needed to talk to. She saw Ron's little sister, as well as his older brother Percy. They were not the Weasley's she was looking for.

"Why are there so many Weasley's in this school?" Eden mumbled to herself.

"You wouldn't be talking about us now, would you?" She heard someone ask; she turned to where the voice came from and saw the twins staring at her with their eyebrows raised.

"Yes I was, actually." Eden answered.

"Gosh, Georgie, people can't help but gossip about how fabulous we are," Fred said.

"You're right, Freddie." George added. Eden rolled her eyes.

"I wasn't gossiping, I was talking to myself." She said.

"That's not strange at all." Fred said the sarcasm very clear in his voice.

"Well answer this; don't you feel like you're talking to yourself whenever you talk to your twin?" Eden asked Fred. He narrowed his eyes at her.