Chapter 13

The next three months of my life aren't exciting. It's just about the same thing from day to day: I get up, do chores, get ready for the day and go to work. After I go to work, I go home, do cores, eat supper and usually watch Netflix before going to bed. Tiff makes me go out with her every week or so and some days I will stop by my parents' house. I ride the horses as often as I can to make sure they get plenty of exercise. I also started doing a lot of canvas art. Like all of those that you see in Pinterest. I found out that they clam me down and look good around the house.

The dreams don't stop either. It isn't the same thing every time, but the main plot of it is.

And that is my life.

But then comes the night before my wedding. Or the night before when my wedding was supposed to be. I sit in the chair in my closet, just staring at my dress. It's an amazing dress. But he won't see it for another year. And I just have to accept that.

It's dark out now but I need to clear my mind, so I grab my hoodie and boots and go out to the barn. Rico and Juliet are eating their prairie hay and turn around when I open the gate and walk in. "Hey guys," I say. Juliet whinnies softly. Rico walks over to me and I pet his nose. He nuzzles his nose in my the crook of my neck. "He'll be home in another six months. It will come sooner than you think. Don't worry." I say it, but don't really believe it.

I'm getting tired so I go back inside. It's only nine thirty so I put on sweatpants and lay down and turn on Netflix. I turn in Parks and Rec., but soon fall asleep.

))

"GET, GET UP!" Someone yells and jumps on top of me. "It's your wedding day!" It's Tiffany.

"No it isn't." I groan and roll over, burying my face in my pillows. She really isn't helping me. Or this situation. Or my morale. Or anything really. Worst of all though she woke me up.

"I realize that, that's why I'm here. Get up, let's go."

I roll over and look at her. "I hate morning people."

"Honey, it's eight a.m., get over yourself and let's move."

"Fine. What are we doing?" I ask, not truly wanting to know the answer.

"You are gonna wear the clothes that your bridal party picked out for you. After you get your mani-pedi, that is. Then we are putting makeup on you and getting you drunk. And I mean drunk. You need it."

"I am doing none of those things. Except maybe the mani-pedi. You know I just want to go hang out at church today. Alone." I have thought about it for about a month, as I was counting down the days to you know, just another day. I figured I would go hang out at church and pray or see if the office needs any help. Just myself as much as possible.

"Of course I do, you are my best friend. And I figured you would say that. So here is the compromise: we all get mani-pedis and all of us change into our wedding outfits. The boys and you too. Our real wedding outfits. We do your makeup and hair, then we can all go hang out at church with you. Also, you don't get a choice. So get up and put clothes on. Let's go."

"Fine," I say. Not gonna lie, she is kind of spoiled and always gets her way so I won't even try to argue.

I go into my closet and Tiff follows me. "I can get dressed by myself."