Chapter 15

Our room is in the corner of the hotel. It's a huge room. There is a big bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub and a large shower. There is a large tv and couch with a king size bed in the back.

We are sitting on the couch together. We haven't changed clothes yet. We are just sitting. My legs are draped over Luke's knees.

He looks over at me, a big smile on his face. "What?"

"Can I kiss you?"

I giggle at his politeness and bite my lip, teasing him. "I don't know. Let me think about it."

"Shut up and kiss me."

I giggle again as he climbs on top of me and presses his lips to mine. "I like when you don't shave." I run my finger along his jawline.

"Good," he says with a smirk.

We go back to kissing. I love this man. My hands travel to his hair and I gently pull. Our kissing becomes more heated. Like we aren't close enough to eachother.

I pull back and look up at him. "I'm ready," I say nervously.

He furrows his eyebrows. "What?" he asks. "Oh, babe. Come here. Sorry, we need to talk."

"We what?" I ask confused. He doesn't want me? We got married but he doesn't want me?

I stand up, still in my dress and walk to the bed, sitting on the corner.

"No, no, no. I want you more than anything."

"Then what is it? Why-"

He presses his lips to mine, silencing me.

"No. I want you. But I want you to be happy. I want to, I really do. I want to have sex with you. I want to make love to you. I want to get you pregnant so we can start a family together. I want you so much. But I'm leaving. I am leaving the day after tomorrow. We have one full day together. I don't want to have sex with you then fly halfway across the world and leave you for nine months."

"Okay. I'm sorry. I love you," I say. I feel so much better. I let out a breath. "Wait, nine months? What happened to six?"

"That's another thing we gotta talk about. I um, the guy that called me, it was his first day. He mixed up my name with someone who is active duty. Active duty can be deployed for a minimum of nine months but it was twelve for me. I'm so sorry. It was a huge mistake but I wanted to tell you in person. Autumn, I'm so sorry."

Tears build up in my eyes. "Can we not- can we do something else?"

"Do you need to talk about it? It's big news. We can talk if we need to."

"No. No." Can we just change and lay down?"

"Of course," he smiles and stands up.

"Will you change me?" I ask as I look up at him with big eyes. He smirks at me and I bite my lip.

"What do you want to wear?" he asks as he unzips my suitcase.

"Just that black tank top is fine."

"Perfect," he smiles. He picks it up out of my bag and sets it on the bed next to me. He holds his hands out and I grab them. He stands me up. I turn around so he can unbutton my dress.

I remember I am wearing the lace lingerie that Tiff bought me. I get slightly nervous. I hope he likes it. He's never seen me in anything like it before.

I feel as his warm hands find the buttons and slowly unbutton it, all the way to my butt. His hands leave a trail of goosebumps. My dress falls to the floor. I step out of it and turn around to face my husband.

There is a smile on his face and I know he approves. "Where did you get this?" He asks, moving my dress to the couch. "Because it is making it hard for me to keep that promise."

"Tiff bought it and made me wear it."

"Tell her I said thank you."

"Just kiss me," I beg.

He smiles before pressing his lips to mine. He moves along my jaw to my ear before kissing down my neck. "You know I love you?" he pulls back. "More than anything in life."

"I know. I love you too." I break eye contact for a second and glance down at his lips. He smirks when he notices.

I unbutton the button on his suit jacket and slide it off his arms, throwing it on the chair next to me. I then unbutton his vest and do the same. I grab his tie and pull his lips back to mine. I love this man. I want to be with him for the rest of my life.

I feel a smile creep accross my face because he makes me happy.

"What?" he asks, smiling.

I shake my head, and pull his lips to mine. We kiss for what feels like hours. I pull away, grabbing my tank top off the bed and pulling it over my head.

I walk over to Luke's bag and grab a pair of black sweatpants. I place them on the bed next to Luke.

I untie his tie and put it on his coat. I unbutton his shirt and slide it off his shoulders, letting it fall to the floor. His whole upper body is exposed to me. It's beautiful, perfectly tanned, defined abs, bulging get muscles, he's perfect. My husband is perfect.

"You're abs are even better now," I say as I trace each one.

"I knew you'd like them," he smirks at me. When I reach the bottom one I unbutton his pants and let them fall to the floor, revealing black boxers.

"Put your pants on," I say, walking to the bed. I pull the covers down and lay down, recovering myself.

He lays down next to me and stares into my eyes. He has amazing eyes.

"I love you Mrs. Reynolds," he says. It makes me smile.

"I love you too, Mr. Reynolds." I press my lips to his. "We got married. How crazy is that? You're my husband. Do you realize that?" There is a huge smile on my face.

"We did. And you're my wife." He smiles back at me. "And this is the best day of my life."

"How did you pull this off?" I ask.

"I called Esperanza and told her what was up. And then told her the plan. She said it was perfect and wouldn't cancel any reservations."

"But why? Why didn't you wait like we said we would?"

"Because I told you, I promised you that we would get married on April ninth and I'm not a weirdo that gets married on a Sunday."

"And I love you for that. Thank you."

"Did you just thank me for marrying you?"

"Um, yes?"

He chuckles at me and I punch him in the arm.

We lay there in silence for a few minutes.

He breaks eye contact which makes me realize he is nervous to ask something.

"What?" I ask.

"What?" he asks.

"There's something you want. Or you need to say. What is it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," he says, mocking me.

"Shut up. I've known you for 25 years and I know when something is up. Talk. Now."

"I don't want to make you mad. We have two days together and I don't want to spend it fighting."

"Tell me," I say.

"Please don't be mad at me." I nod. "Okay fine. Um so I don't know how to say this so I'm just gonna say it." He's neverous. I haven't seen him nervous in a long time. "What do you think about quitting your job?"