Chapter 19

This morning I woke up early, I don't know if I should blame it on the nerves or giddiness for my first day at my new job. 

As usual Marcus was gone before I was up. I was confused whether I should be glad or disappointed about it. Something else was also absent this morning, the hollowness in my chest I always feel when I wake up, It was not fully gone but it's not as suffocating as usual. 

It's kind of weird if you ask me, living with the same feeling for two and half years and for it disappear suddenly makes you feel...light?

I take a quick shower and make sure to keep my hair away from the water. Finally clean, I pull on my robe and head to the bedroom.

 I stop in my tracks, there were a lot of shopping bags by my bedside. I frown, who brought them? Walking cautiously toward them, I peek in to see various clothes and shoe boxes. Okay, now that's weird.

Tying the strings of bathrobe around me, I make my way downstairs. I can only smell Noelle's scent,I guess everyone else were still asleep.

''Noelle, who's shopping bags are in my room?'' I ask, as I stand in front of the counter.

''Oh! hey, good morning,'' Noelle chirps, taking out a batch of croissant out of the oven ''Dean brought them while you were in the shower, saying Alpha has sent them for you.'' she have a wide grin on her face but that quickly drops when she sees the expression on my face.

''That son of a bitch!'' I growl. What does he think of me? some sort of charity fucking case? ''Do you have his number?'' I ask, already holding out the house phone to her.

''Uhm, yeah? but I don't think it will be ideal to talk to him when there is smoke coming out of you ears,'' She rounds the kitchen island reaching for the phone I was holding.

I move the phone out of her reach ''Noelle, the number.'' my voice is low and demanding.

She stares me for a moment, biting her nails in a nervous gesture. Making me groan impatiently at her ''That man better start digging his grave,'' she mutters to herself, ''Okay, give me the phone I will dial it for you.''

Handing her the phone, I start pacing the floor, my hands clenched in tight fists. ''Its ringing,'' she say, handing me the phone hesitantly.

Taking the phone from her outstretched hand, I make my way to the backyard, sliding the glass door shut behind me.

''Hel-''

''Who the hell do you think you are?!'' I growl, as soon as I hear his voice.

Silence.

''Jordan?'' he asks, unsure. I can imagine him frowning at the phone.

''No, it's Lucifer! Who the hell do you think you are and what right do you have to buy me things without my permission?!? I'm not a fucking charity case, Marcus Novak!'' I shout at the phone, wishing I could just smash something or better yet his face.

''Wait.'' he demands 'excuse me gentlemen this will only take few minutes' he says on the other end. After a minute comes in his angry voice ''What do you mean a charity case? don't I have the right to buy you few things?'' he asks lowly, anger evident in his tone. I don't know if he was playing guilt card or was plain pissed as well.

Either way it pissed me even more ''Not when I didn't ask you for it! ''

Silence.

There was a long pause before I heard him exhale slowly''You're right. I should have asked.'' he says ''Can you accept my gifts, please?''he asks softly.