Chapter 40

''GO MAX!'' I cheer, clapping as my little brother dodged yet another rival team member and made a run toward the goal-post.

The crowd groaned in unison when the goal keeper catches the ball.

I wince Damn that was close.

My vision suddenly blurs and I see black dots in my vision. Settling back on the bleacher, I close my eyes and take a deep breath to calm my racing heart.

''Are you okay?''The deep voice asks beside me.

I nod reassuringly hoping the nausea goes away ''Yeah, just a little dehydrated.'' I lie and take a sip from the water bottle he offers.

I sigh when I feel his shadow looming over me, ''Parker, please have a seat. You've been standing there since we arrived.''Placing a hand over my eyes, I look up at the man who had been following me around since the past six days.

If it wasn't him than then it was Adam. Speaking of Adam, i'm surprised he's not here yet or come hell or high water he had taken an oath to follow me around like a damn ghost.

''Although you're quite the sight to those moms but it's starting to tick off their mates,'' I joke lightheartedly hoping to at least get a tiny smile from him but nope, all I get is blank stare.

When he doesn't make a move, I pat the seat beside me invitingly.

He stares at me, his face expressionless as always, then he glance at the field. Nodding once, he takes a seat but a little further from me

''There, isn't that better?'' I smile, feeling quite proud of myself.

''Yes,'' he nods again and I shake my head. If I thought Marcus was a man of few words then Parker can beat him any day. Holding back an roll of an eyes I watch Max wave at his friend to pass him the ball.

''Twat,''Parker murmurs under his breath, looking at the coach yelling direction at kids left, right, center.

I chuckle, I have to agree the guy really was a twat. The kids were nine to ten years old and he was screaming at them like we were in a damn world cup soccer game.

''Just say the word-''

This time I do roll my eyes ''No, Parker.'' he growls beside me but shuts up. Parker has been accompanying me to Maxs' practices from the last three days and offered more than one to bash the coach's face or better yet ask one of the warriors to do the job silently without anyone knowing.

Suddenly the coach stops yelling, his head snaps our way and his face visibly pales and I just know it was Parker's doing.

''I never had the chance to thank you,'' Parker says uncomfortably over the noisy crowd. I glance at him confusingly to see him staring at the field for a moment doubting if it was him who talked.

''My son told me what you did for him at the pack house party,''He adds when I just stare at the side of his face.

My eyebrows shot up in surprise. Son? ''Your son?''I question, surprised.

My brows furrow together as I think about what he is talking about. Pack house party? recognition register in my mind and I remember the little boy who cut his hand in Quinn's birthday party 'Sawyer is your son?'' I ask in disbelief.

''He is.'' he confirms.

''I never saw him after that, How's his hand now?'' that boy has been in my mind lately after that incident I didn't see him in the party.

''Better,''he nods and looks out in the field ''He's a strong boy,''I might've imagined it but his lips twitched into a smile but it was gone as soon as it came.