Chapter 26

I am sitting there in my bedroom. Now I'm thinking about what happened while we were eating. I have to leave. That's the only thing I can do. I know there are people here that care and love me but I can't stay. We will all die and I don't want to go through that pain so I'm leaving. I grab a backpack from a closet. I pack tons of food and other things like clothes. I take the pictures of me and Enid. Then I take the one picture of me and Carl. I hide the bag under my bed and go out acting normal. I wait till its dark and go up to my bedroom and act like I'm sleeping. But then someone opens my door. "Grace" Maggie says "Carl wanted to talk to you for a minute." Carl walks through the door. I sit up and turn fully around. "Hey" I say to Carl. "Hey" Carl says. "I know what your planning" Carl says. "What?" I say acting confused. "Your leaving" Carl says "I know you and I know your planning to leave." I look at him. "I am, I'm sorry but I'm leaving tonight and you aren't stopping me Carl you have to stay and let me" I get cut off. He kissed me and looks at me. "Don't" Carl says. I look at him and then get up. "I am" I say and grab my bag. I open the window. Carl grabs my wrist as I am about to jump out. "No" Carl says. I pull away and jump I run towards the wall. I climb over and run. This will be the death of me.