Chapter 24

"Well I'm going to help finish the meal" Maggie says. "Ok I can't wait to eat it" I say. Maggie walks out the door and its just me and Carl. "Hey its ok" Carl says. I look at him and look back down at my black converse. He walks over and pulls me up so he can look me in the eyes. "Its ok" Carl says. I just pull away and walk outside. "Rick and Daryl came back yesterday" Carl says. I don't even look up. I'm done talking to people. Rick walks by and waves at me. I nod my head. Rick walks over and sits down. "What happened to Enid" Rick says "I don't understand how it happened." I look up. "What about the gate?" I ask cause I am curious. "Well let me figure that out for you" Rick says. "Thanks" I say. He walks off. Later on in the day I just forget about everything and everyone. I am reading the boring old comics that I read when I first came here. I hear someone come up the stairs. Maggie shows up at the door. "Hey" Maggie says. "Hey" I say. "Well the meal is ready if you want to come eat" Maggie says. "I am coming" I say. I get up and go down the stairs because my leg is feeling better. We all gather at Rick's house and combine tables so we would have room. We eat and talk. I sit in silence. I have nothing to say but of how I want to kill myself. That's the only thing.