The Shadow from Beyond the Dark Side

Rett Lisban

       "What is thy biding, Master?"

       Rett Lisban could feel the presence of the Dark Side as he knelt in his meditation chamber. It surrounded him. It ran through him. It dominated every last fiber of his being. Soon, the power of the darkness would be all his.

       "I feel your eagerness, my apprentice. Patience. The time will come for you to exact your revenge on the Skywalker family..."

      The criticism in his master's voice was all too familiar. Rett ignored the Sith Lord's words and began his regular status report. "Commander Fett's command ship has achieved an impressive victory over the Alliance troops on Mandalore. I expect that Skywalker will retaliate by going after our squadron stationed there." He waited for his master to respond, but the voice looming from the afterlife remained silent; unimpressed at the news. Rett cleared his throat and continued.

      "We have also intercepted a transmission leaving Felucia which allowed us to determine the exact location of another Alliance base camp. A fraction of Fett's men are on their way as we speak..." he explained, hoping the news would please his master. But still, Darth Sidious gave no praise to his apprentice. His gravely voice echoed through the darkness.

      "I sense that you have more to share, Darth Midas?"

       Although he did have something else to say, Rett was careful how to chose his words. Patience. He reminded himself. "My Lord? I have felt something. A familiar presence that I have not felt for some time. One of the children of Skywalker! They're here!" A raspy cackle escaped from the deceased Sith.

      "Good, my student. Your senses serve you well. The child of Skywalker must not escape us this time. With their help, I will finally be unshackled from this wretched damnation which I have suffered from all this time! And then, your training will be fully completed... young Midas..."

        Rett felt the traces of a smile cross his face. All he had desired since he first studied under Lord Sidious, who was then Chancellor of the Republic, was to unlock the awesome power of the Sith. Now, through the child of his arch enemy, he would achieve ultimate power. He would not fail his master this time.

       "The destiny of the Sith shall be the child's fate, my Lord..."

        And so the plot thickens! What fate awaits our destined warriors? Keep the comments coming and watch for another update coming soon! Until then, may the Force be with you all!