She's Gone

Based off of the song 'The Letter' by Kehlani

(Lyrics)

Maybe I didn't deserve you
Maybe I just couldn't cure you
They told me that I didn't hurt you
Why do I feel like I turned you?
Maybe I don't understand it
Tell me is this how you planned it?
Did you see us so stranded
Maybe I'm too much to manage

And if you weren't gonna guide me
Why bring me into the light?
Must have done something to make you want to run and hide
Why oh why didn't you just live your life?
And every girl needs a mother
And damn it I needed you
Instead you duck for cover
And you ran from the truth
And like kids do
You waited around for proof

No One's POV

(Hospital)

Adam sat in the waiting room for hours, wondering what was going on. It was pretty clear that he was scared for a life. Taylor's life.

It had been three months since they ended everything and it just wasn't right. It was something mutual. She was busy with planning her comeback and he had been touring, it was hectic. So the both of the agreed to end their three year relationship and stay friends.

It wasn't like your usual friendship, the both of them obviously still had strong feelings for each other, everyone could see the feelings they held for each other except for them. So Adam started moving on, or at least trying. He'd have a new woman every other week and it made Taylor insecure. She didn't want to move on. She didn't want Adam with other women. She didn't want to lose him. He was no longer hers and that terrified her.

Little did Taylor know that Adam was madly in love with her. He could be having the worst day ever and when he's with her, it turns upside down. He had come to terms that he was still in love with her. He wanted to be the person she can't home to every night. He wanted to be the person she confided in. He wanted to be the person she cuddled up to at night. He wanted her and that's all. If he had her then he didn't need anything else. That's why he couldn't lose her. Not yet.

It terrified Adam when he walked in on an unconscious Taylor. She had taken too many pills and he was too late in finding her. He tried to get her to cough up the pills, but it didn't work. He tried to wake her up by pulling her into the shower while he was on the phone with 911. By the time the paramedics arrived, he was on the shower floor cradling Taylor's limp body, crying for her to wake up. They had to pry his clinging fingers off of her. He followed to ambulance, still in his soaking wet clothes, not caring if they were soaked in cold water.

(Flashback:)

"Tay, are you home?" Adam called through the corridor.

No answer. He tried calling her on her phone. No answer. That was odd considering that the cats were there. She wouldn't leave them if she was out of town. Maybe she was sleeping.

He walked upstairs to find her music room empty. Then he checked her room, but it was empty, bed all messy from sleeping in it. Then he noticed the master bathroom light on.

He walked over expecting for Taylor to answer when he knocked, but there wasn't an answer. He tried to open the door, but soon realized that it was locked.

"Come on, Tay. Open the door!" He says white trying to open the door.

Finally, after breaking the door knob, he searched the small bathroom to quickly find Taylor laid out on the floor in front of the vanity. She had an empty pill case in her hand, and multiple pills were scattered around her.

"Oh God!"

Adam rushed to Taylor's and began shaking her, trying to get her to wake up, but it wasn't working. He stopped shaking her and shoved his fingers down her throat, hoping she'd vomit the pills up, but nothing came up.

"Shower, I need to get her to the shower." He thought to himself.

He pulled Taylor over into the shower and turned thee shower on, letting the cold water run over them.

"Come on baby, wake up. Open your eyes Tay! OPEN YOUR EYES!" He yelled.

Nothing was working. He called 911 and waited for them to arrive while he tried to get her to wake up.

(Present Time:)

Adam's POV

"Mr. Wiles," I heard a doctor call.

I looked up to see him with a sad look. The look someone gives you when there's bad news. No. This wasn't happening. She wasn't dying. Not yet. We didn't have our happy ending. She wasn't leaving me.

"I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you that Ms. Swift didn't make it. We tried -"

Those were the last things I heard coming out of his mouth before it all sounded like muffled noises trying to make their way out.

She was gone. She wasn't coming back. I'm not getting the chance to apologize for leaving that night. I'm not going to be able to ask her why she did this. I'm not going to be able to kiss those soft lips.

I couldn't hold her. I could kiss her. I couldn't watch her eyes light up the way they do when she's excited. I won't hear her laugh that lights up my day. I couldn't hear her voice that made me want to be a better person. I couldn't have her. She was gone.

(Three Days Later:)

Today was the day that I was cleaning out Taylor's apartment, it was too hard for her family to do and her girlfriends couldn't bring themselves to do it either. I was the only one that could handle going in there. I hated the sight of being in there without her with me.

Walking in, the cats ran up to my feet and greeted me like always. After walking past them, they stayed at the door, looking up waiting for Taylor to walk through at any moment.

"She's not coming. Just get away from the door already." I say to them.

That seems to make them cry out for her. Which only makes me more agitated.

"Get away from the door! She's gone! She isn't coming back! Ok? SHE'S GONE! SHE'S GONE! S-she's g-gone." I began dry heaving and collapsed to the ground.

(Wait, pause. Let's rewind this. Three days ago:)

"She's gone. She's gone."

"Mr. Wiles?"

The doctor had waken me up from a horrible dream. I was hoping that what he was about to tell me was good because Taylor couldn't be gone. Just not yet.

"I'm happy to tell you that Ms. Swift is perfectly fine, she's recovering in the recovery ward right as we speak."

"Oh thank God! Thank you Doctor! Thank you!" I jumped up and embraced him.

Nothing could bring me down, I was too happy that she was alive and doing well. Nothing else mattered.

Do you like this? Should I do a part 2 but in Taylor's POV? Leave comments below please.