Only One

DISCLAIMER: we're going to say that Adam and Taylor wrote 'Only One' instead of Kanye West. Also I obviously had to change a few of the lyrics but they're minor.

Looking out as my wonderful husband is about to perform his new song on the Ellen show, it reminds me of the night it was written.

I hold Finley's hand right as she admires her daddy talking about singing her favorite song about us.

"Mama, daddy singing!" She says as she jumps up and down.

Which was true, Adam doesn't sing on much of his tracks, but this song is so personal to him that out only felt right that he sang it instead of someone else. He worked so hard on this track and I can still remember the frustrate the had only been half a year ago.

Flashback:

"Ugh I can't finish this damn song!" Adam yells.

He had been working on this song for a while now and I felt bad for him. Every time I tried to help him he declines my help, explaining that it's a surprise for me and Finley.

"Babe, I can help you with it if you'd like..." I offer.

In reality I just really want to know what the the is about, I've heard him saying some of the lyrics and so far all I know is it goes "hello my only one." so it has to be something about Fin.

"You know what, ok." He says and hands me the notebook.

I read over some of the lyrics, amazed at them. It's a song called 'Only One' a lullaby actually. And it's dedicated to our daughter, but in the point of view of his mother, Pam that had sadly passed a year before Finley was born. I was on the verge of years just reading these lyrics.

"Hello my only one, just like the morning sun. You keep on rising till the sky knows your name. Hello my only one

Remember who you are
No you're not perfect but you're not your mistakes."

"Adam, this is beautiful. Your mom would be very proud of this." I say as I wipe my tears away.

"I just can't finish this one part! I can't release this if it's not finished and management is on my ass for new song!" He says as he paces this room.

Just as I'm about to speak, Finley starts to wail from her room. As I'm about to get up to tend to her, Adam rushes to her beck and call.

Soon enough he comes back with Finley, wrapped tightly in his arms.

"It's ok, Fin. Daddy's got you."

He brings our two year old over to our bed and begins to sing her to sleep.

As I was trying to find the right words in my brain, Adam had been rocking Finley back to sleep. The sight was something that anyone would love to watch. I smile and put the notebook and pen down so i could cuddle with them.

As I'm snuggled into Adam with Fin between us, again starts to speak.

"You know something? I ask God for and angel and I got two. What a blessing that is." I say and then he kisses the top of my head.