Little Do You Know: Part 3

Taylor's POV

"So, today's your last appointment. How're you feeling?" Adam asked while helping me out of the car.

"I feel huge, but I can't wait to see him." I say as I smile down at my huge belly.

Adam and I found out that we were expecting a little boy a few months ago and we're over the moon. We've chosen his name and decorated the nursery.

"Yeah, I can't wait for him. For our lives to change. So hurry up Atty." Adam said to my protruding bump.

Atty had been the nickname that he had given our son a while after we came up with his name.

Atticus Tate Wiles.

Atticus because it starts with an A like Adam and Tate because T like Taylor. Then he'll have Adam's last name. I really liked that name, it sounded very professional and like he would go far with his name, so I hope he likes it when he's older.

Walking into the doctors office was probably one of the hardest things to do at the moment. Walking in general was hard for me now, I had been getting these twinges in my back for a couple of days now. My doctor says that it's those practice contractions, which means that Atticus could be here any day now. We're just waiting on him.

*******************************

"And if you look here, you can see his little face." The doctor says as she moves the pointer over our baby's face.

There wasn't much you could see through the black and white, but you could kind of point out his features.

"I'd say that everything looks perfectly fine. He's a week ahead of what's expected, but that just means that he's going to be a bit bigger than what we expected. Nothing to worry about." She finished off.

I began wiping the gel off of my belly while our doctor went to go collect our printouts. Then it hit me that everything was coming into place. I had the world's best boyfriend, a baby on the way, and an amazing life. I couldn't ask for anything more.

"You ready, love?" Adam ask.

I pulled the remainder of my shirt down and slid off the table. This was going to be my last appointment before my life changes and I'm more than excited.

Three Days Later

"Come on Taylor! One more big push!" I could hear a nurse yell.

Childbirth. Something that I never want to experience again; well the pain part. It feels horrible. I couldn't even start to explain what it feels like. But this isn't going to last forever. Soon we'll have Atticus.

There were all types of phrases that I was hearing, but the only thing I could focus on was making sure Atticus came safely. Today was probably not the best day for him to come, Adam had been out of town when my water broke, good flight was almost five hours long and he got here just in time for me to start. My mom and dad were worried because the baby was a week early, and don't even get me started on the nursing staff. In all, the hormones were getting to me.

Soon the room had been filled with loud cries. Atticus was laid right on my chest.

"Well, looks like he's got a set of lungs." My mom laughed in between her sobs, referring to his cries.

"Hi little guy, you don't have to cry anymore. Mommy's here. Everything's okay now." I cooed.

Eventually he stopped crying. Everyone had been in awe from they had just witnessed. I had my baby. I had Adam. What else could I ask for?

"Little do you know how much we love, Atticus."

The End of this mini series. I hope you liked it 😊