Recover

Romans POV
I was still in recovery 2 days later when an officer came in and wanted to talk to us. Melissa was sitting on the edge of the bed, when the guy asked, "Do either of you know Dean Ambrose or Seth Rollins?"
"Yes," we both said.
"They have been taken to the emergency room today as well for gunshot wounds to the chest. We are thinking that someone is out to get to you three and your families."
"Do you think that we need our families protected then? Or what should we do?" I asked.
"I would suggest warning your families first, make sure they are taking every precaution they can, locking doors, windows, cars, etc."
"Do you have any suspects?"Melissa asked.
"We have several leads, one we are seriously considering is your ex, Jared. But have to look into every angle. Deranged fan, jealous ex, or just a serial killer."
"Thanks for letting us know, will you make sure that someone lets us know how Dean and Seth are?" Roman asked.
The officer nodded.

"This is all my fault," Melissa said, "if I would have stayed away, you, Dean and Seth would be ok. I put all of you in danger."
"Babygirl, calm down, we will all be fine. This isn't your fault." I pulled her into my arms, hugging her tight, running my hands along her stomach, I said, "I don't want you stressing out, leave that to me baby."
"I hate this, none of you deserved this."
"Trust me, I want to find the asshole who did this to all of us."
"Wait, who was it that you met with?"
"Jared, and some woman that he claims is his girlfriend. But as far as I remember it wasn't them who shot me. Come to think of it, I don't think it was him who wanted to meet with me."
"So you're telling me they just happen to be here?"
I just shrugged, not knowing how to answer her, plus at that moment our Doctor came in and told us we could go. Thank god, I thought, I needed to get out of here, to be exact I need to get her out of here, and someplace safe. I know who shot me, but I can't tell her or anyone. It will kill her if I do tell her. She trusted this person with her life. As we left the hospital, my dad had picked us up, he said, "This came for you today." He handed me an envelope, I put it in my coat pocket. Melissa looked at me strangely, I think she's starting to suspect something, but if I know her, she'll let it go. We went to my parents house, my mom came out as soon as we pulled in. She pulled Melissa into her arms immediately. They immediately went into the kitchen. I was sitting in the living room with my dad when I heard my mom say, "So you think he's hiding something from you? I can see that he is, but if he is, he's doing it to protect you."
"He doesn't need to hide things from me. I can handle it. Whatever it is."
"But you are also pregnant, he doesn't want to stress you out."
"Him not telling me is stressing me out."
I stood and walked to the kitchen, seeing my mom and Melissa hugging, walking over to them I put my arms around them both. "Can you give us a minute mom?" I asked.
She nodded and left, "Babygirl, I don't want you stressed out, so what I'm about to tell you, you are not going to like."
"Ok," she said.
I took her hands in mine, and took a deep breath, "The person who shot me was Bayley."
Her eyes went wide. I put my hand on her cheek, brushing the tears away, when she said, "Are you sure? But why would she do this?"
"I wish I knew."