Hospital

Romans POV
Melissa and I sat in the waiting room, we had heard the loud pop right after Bayley was at the house. When I looked outside, I saw Bayley laying in a pool of her own blood. Now I regret not letting her in. She didn't deserve this, was I wrong as to who shot me. Melissa is an absolute mess right now. When I told her that Bayley looked confused when I said that she shot me, she had the I told you so look. I think she's right, I think Bayley told the truth. But if not Bayley then who? Who is taking out all of us?
Melissa looked up at me and said, "Roman, do you still believe that it was Bayley?"
"No, but it was someone who looked a hell of a lot like her."
"I still think it was Jared and his girlfriend. And considering no one has seen them since that night."
"I think you may be right. That's why I want you to move in with me. I don't want you out of my sight."
"What about Galina and JoJo?"
"I've already made sure that someone is with them at all times."
"You and our baby and them are my #1 priority. I couldn't bear if something happened to you guys."

Later that day
Bayley was in recovery, and Melissa and I went to see her. "Hey girl, how you feeling?" Melissa asked.
She started crying, "I didn't do that to him, I swear."
"We know you didn't. I'm so sorry for saying that Bayley. As I said to her, the person looked a lot like you."
Melissa sat down on the bed beside her, the two of them hugging and crying. I stepped out of the room to give them privacy. I have to protect the people I love. Whoever is doing this is going to pay, no one messes with my family, whether blood or otherwise.