Baby

"Congratulation, you have a baby boy," the doctor said, as the nurse placed the baby in Melissas arms.
"Oh god, he looks so much like you," she said, tears streaming freely down her face.
"Babygirl, he's beautiful. Thank you for giving me this amazing little boy."
The nurse said, "I know you want to cuddle this little guy for awhile, but we need to check him out, and you need to rest. But you can follow me to the nursery."
"You gonna be ok momma?" I asked her.
She nodded, yawning, I kissed her deeply, and the nurse led the way to the nursery. Our parents, Galina, JoJo and our siblings were there waiting, as I walked towards them, our moms came running over, "It's a boy," I said, smiling.
"How's Melissa?" Her mom asked.
"She's doing great."

Later that day
I was sitting beside Melissa as the nurse brought in our little guy. I know he's completely stolen my heart. Now I can't wait to tell her what I want his name to be. She looked up at me and said, "So what name did you have in mind?" She asked.
"What do you think of the name Reid?"
Her eyes widened, "That's what I wanted too. How? JoJo that little traitor."
"Nope actually our moms kinda threatened me. Something about a ninja turtle outfit. But I love the name. And by the way, if we do have a little girl, Lily is perfect too."
"You are amazing, I'm so grateful that I have both of you."
"Babygirl, you have no idea, how grateful I am to have you both in my life."
"Daddy, can I hold him?" JoJo asked as her and Galina entered the room.
"Absolutely baby," I said, lifting her up onto the bed next to Melissa.
As Melissa handed Reid to her, Galina hugged Melissa. "He's adorable."
Melissa sighed contentedly. There was a knock on the door and there stood Bayley, Dean and Seth. "Can we come in?" Bayley asked.
"Yeah," I said.
As they all surrounded Melissa and the baby, I walked over to the door, as I went to shut it, there stood Jared. "I thought I told you to leave her," Jared said.
"I'm not like you, I unlike you, actually give a damn about her happiness."
"You'll pay for not doing what you were told."
"You seem to have forgotten where you were, and who else is in this room," I said, motioning Dean and Seth over, "you didn't get the job done, we are still here, and we are her Shield."
I saw Jareds hand go to his waist, as he pulled the gun, I speared his ass. Wrestling the gun away from him, handing it to Seth. I dragged Jared out into the hallway, away from all the women and children. Dean and Seth followed, as we drug him outside, the three of us surrounded him.
Seth said, "We are the hounds."
"We serve justice from the injust." Dean said.
"We are Melissas shield. And you will do to remember that," I said, as the cops pulled up. They cuffed him and threw him into the back of the cruiser. Going back inside, Melissa, Bayley, and Galina looked at us, "Don't worry Babygirl, he won't be bothering you anymore. The cops took him away."
"Did you know he was coming today?"
"I figured he would, because of what he said to me that day."
"Thank you for always being my Shield."

I will always shield her
Ever since that day
We took an oath
To protect
To serve
To shield
But my oath was different
I will always
Shield Her Heart