8

Hey guys,

I meant to update last night but my computer crashed at the last minute...when I had written the whole chapter and about to publish. Technology must hate me sometimes.

Comment so you can let me know what you think so far, don't be silent readers!!

Hope the stories interesting for you all, I have some ideas for how this will unfold...and can't wait for you to read them.

Enjoy...

*****************************

I checked the whole edge of Dead Cat, but found no blinking red light. Maybe if we'd waited until it was darker then the red lights would be a little brighter. But we had to find them tonight, now.

Every tree I came to, I lifted onto my back legs and sniffed around. I had sniffed the cameras from Morris before coming out, so I could faintly smell the metallic and almost electric burning smell from the forest around me. Coop was doing a similar thing to me, and I knew he was following his nose like I was following mine.

You guys are lucky. You were given a sense that's bonkers great. I wasn't given a bonkers sense of smell, hearing or sight. I heard Ben complain in my head. His section of the forest was the second furthest from mine; Shelton was closer leaving Hi to have the farthest end of Dead Cat. I knew Hi and Ben were still running to theirs.

You got the speed and strength Blue, having amazing hearing isn't always the best thing. Shelton replied. I said nothing, trying to keep to the task at hand. Was I right? Would there be any cameras, or was I just being over paranoid?

I've already found one, and I'm not even at my bit yet. Why did I even get the farthest bit, I can't breathe already Hi boasted, and I felt mocking pride flush into my head even behind the out of breath panting. I guess that's answered that question.

Do you know what that means Hi? We are being watched constantly, they've probably been watching you guys on the beach Tuesday night. Ben's voice filled my head once more, and panic was fired along my connection from Shelton.

Crap, he's right. They saw us on Dead Cat. They might even be watching us right now. Shelton's voice betrayed his anxiety as we continued to search. His last message settled on the edge of my mind as I kept my nose to the ground. Coop was a few metres to my right, growling and sniffing aggressively at the ground.

We will find these jerks, if it's the last thing I do.

They weren't going to get away with this. I shoved my red snout into a hedge, sniffing around for the horrible rustic smell of metal but found squat.

I've got nothing so far. Shelton voiced, Ben remained silent. Since Shelton's last heart-stopping thought, we had been silent for at least twenty minutes.

I think I'm winning. Hi sounded excited, still pumped from being in action after so long. But his excitement was misplaced.

It's not a competition Hi. We could be talking about the difference between being free and being discovered by government jerks. I scolded him mentally, pushing off my fourth tree. So far I was coming up empty. I was carrying my backpack in my mouth, which would look strange for anyone to pass me a glance, but no one was about. I stuck to the path, having a feeling that it would be more likely to be lined with cameras.

How do you know they're government jerks? Found one! Shelton said and I rolled my golden eyes.

Why else would a load of guys stand outside Bolton and get away with it? How else would they be able to set up so many cameras- got one too. Ben added. Great, so I was the only one not finding one.