12

Hey guys, 

Just thought I'd let you know that I won't be updating for a while due to my GCSE's being in a bit. I'll update after the 17th of June...major promise!!!

Hope you enjoy this chapter, this is kind of a filler chapter and when i update again, I'll do a triple update!!

Bye lovely readers!!

****************************************

"Are you sure you're okay Tory?" I was sitting in Kit's office, on the floor. I was sat leaning against the desk, knees drawn to my chest, head tilted towards the ceiling. I'd been this way for about two hours now, not saying anything.

I looked down to see the three boys looking at me worriedly. I was still embarrassed to have called out for Mom rather than Dad or even Ben. I don't know why that was first thing to leave my mouth, but it was. She had always been there to save me from my problems, but she hasn't been there for a year now. They'd kept their distance from me, still uncomfortable around female emotions. But I could see they were waiting, with varying degrees of patience, for me to tell them what Thompson said to me.

"Yeah, I'm okay Hi. Sorry guys" I wiped my face with the heels of my hands as I hauled myself to sit straighter.

"It's cool Tor" Shelton offered me a small smile as I looked at them.

"Just tell me what that bastard did to you" Ben ordered, looking ready to release his flare. I stood, wiping away my tears some more as I sat on the desk instead. They all wore matching expressions, and my chest warmed at the sight that my boys were so protective of me whenever someone made me cry. But in my head, there was a building pressure between my brows, and I knew it was flare inside me. As the leader, I could feel when they were upset and angry, leading to protectiveness. Naturally, that meant that something was wrong, and we needed our flares.

But the last thing I needed right now was my flare to explode in the middle of LIRI's Director's office.

"Could you all just take a breath, and calm down? I can feel everything you're feeling right now, and my flare wants to get out. So, just relax" I tried soothing, but it didn't work. My voice broke half way through, and the feeling multiplied.

"Relax? Tory, you were crying out for your mother! During everything we've been through, you've never done that" Hi was the first to burst to my plea. "He hurt you Tory, even if it wasn't physical. But in the time we've been best friends, neighbours and pack mates, I've never seen you break down like that. You don't know how that made us feel" he thumbs either side of him to the two other boys who only looked at me with agreement. I wanted to launch myself at them with a bear hug, but before I could, Kit stepped into the office. All four of us straightened remarkably, but Kit was smiling.

"It's official. They're gone. They won't be bothering you anymore, guys" Kit said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I leant into his embrace, but my eyes travelled to the boys and I could tell we all thought the same thing.

I wouldn't be so sure about that Kit.

"Dad, can we all go home? I want to tell you what happened" Kit nodded enthusiastically, and everyone made their way to Hugo, where Tom was already waiting. It seemed everyone was having the morning off, even Tom. Kit had tried to get me to tell him what happened, but I couldn't stop the tears for more than a few seconds. I'd been in a really bad state.

Remarkably, the sight of the Director and all his Morris Islander colleagues leaving as a group didn't turn many heads to the few minority of the staff working at five in the morning. If anyone asked about the agents leaving, and us leaving, he only answered that they had been caught trying to down load classified documents. Kit's acting just astounds me more and more.