11

Hey guys, 

don't forget to comment and vote, i want to know your thoughts so far!

Apologies for not updating all week, but I promise to update every Saturday. Hope you're enjoying the book so far...

********************************** 

Busted.

Screwed.

Caught red handed.

Cornered like rats.

However you wanted to describe it, that's what we were. They caught us, unprepared and at a loss. I was too confused to even think about how angry I was at the fact they had taken the information from us. It was the fact they had caught us.

No one had caught us before.

And now, we were sat in the office, heads down and not talking. Baldy was leaning against the desk in front of us. Every time I looked up, he was looking at me. Just me. It was creepy. He had already called Dad, and the other parents. They were on their way to get us now.

And we were so much trouble.

How many times have I said that in the past twelve hours? In the past week?

My knee bounced with nerves, fingers tangled together on my lap as I waited for something to happen. Shelton was shaking, Hi was silent and Ben was taut as wire. We each had our way of not breaking, mine was to sweat and bounce my knees. I had the itching urge to pace, but they wouldn't allow it.

"Can I go to the toilet?" I asked politely, breaking the suffocating silence. I needed splash water on my face to cool my warming cheeks. Baldy lifted an eyebrow questioningly, keeping his black eyes on me. "Please?"

He stood quickly, flourishing a hand towards the door. I was quick to my feet, desperate to get out the room but not wanting to leave the boys alone with him. I squeezed Shelton's and Ben's hand, who were both sitting next to me as I left. On the way to the toilet, I heard Kit's voice, along with the other parents. Kit saw me just as I went into the toilet.

I stood there, breathing deeply. What was I meant to do? I couldn't tell them anything about us; I would have to think of a good excuse. The boys had to come up with one that we could all say. The problem was we didn't have one. I couldn't think of anything that would excuse any of us. It was four in the morning; they had kept us sitting in the office for two hours in silence before finally calling the parents. They would have to act like they didn't know we had done it, or they could all lose their jobs.

I quickly got out my phone and called my Dad. He was just outside, but he needed to know he couldn't tell them anything. He picked up on the third ring and the first thing I said was "Pretend I'm Whitney"

"Everything's fine Whitney, Tory's fine" he said in reply, and I sighed.

"Don't tell them you had any involvement. None of the parents can. Let us take the heat for it" I instructed.

"I can't right now sweetheart, I have to find out what's going on first. I'm sure Tory will explain when she gets home. She and the boys will be getting a lot of grief once this is sorted" I knew he was signalling to me and the parents.

"Thanks Dad" I hung up, and exited the bathroom. My escort took me back to the office where the boys were statues in their seats and the parents standing around the edges. Everyone watched as I came in, and fell into the seat. I didn't meet anyone's eyes, but I dipped my head down in a nod when the boys gave me questioning looks. We had to play this cool.