Chapter 17

(Luna's POV)

For a second everything went in slow motion. I knew this was it, since the blast was too big to dodge.

I took in Mizar's terrified face, his plate sized eyes, and his tears.

Then I heard Xander yelling "AUNTIE!".

Then a "NO!" before everything went black.

(Kaila's POV)

I watched the scene in horror. It was terrible.

Even worst than Garmadon's sacrifice.

"NO!" I yelled as Mizar got up, and limped in front of Luna in time to take the blast instead of her.

Mizar fell back from the impact, hitting Luna and knocking her unconscious.

3 minutes passed as Hope, who was in a cage the whole time, Xander and I cried.

All Night Lloyd did was stare at us blankly, but I could've sworn there was guilt in his eyes.

I was in rage, it was all Sledge's fault, he was the one that made my husband evil, drove my kids to misery, AND made Lloyd kill his own brother.

A groan was heard, and we all turned to see Luna waking up.

"AUNTIE IS ALIVE!" Xander and Hope yelled happily.

Luna looked around, than gasped at the sight of Mizar lying in his own pool of blood.

"Mizar! No!" Luna yelled as she ran to her brother.

"Mizar wake up please!" Luna pleaded with tears in her eyes as she shook Mizar.

Soon Mizar opened his eyes a little,  and he smiled to the sky.

"So..t-this i-is w-what de-death feels like.." Mizar spoke.

"Don't say that! We can save you, please save your energy!" Luna pleaded.

"I'm sorry s-sis for being a jerk, I'm sorry f-for almost killing my own lovable brother, i-im sorry I wasn't the brother you asked for.." Mizar said.

"No please...stay with me! Please!" Luna yelled.

"I-it's okay...i-i don't feel the pain...I can be free...please take care of-" Mizar stuttered trying to speak.

"No! Please hang in there! We can get you to a hospital and everything will be okay! Don't go!" Luna yelled, the tears overwhelming her eyesight.

"I-it's too late f-for me...b-but not you..k-keep t-that smile...and t-tell Lloyd th-that i-im s-sorry" that was it; Mizar went limp in Luna's arms.

Luna sobbed over her dead brother's body.

I walked over to Luna and pulled her into a comforting hug, one she immediately ran into.

"Its not fair! All he ever did was try to protect me! Its not fair!"

"Shhh it's okay, let it out. He did what he swore on his life to do, he protected you..."

"...until his last breath..." Luna sobbed.

After a while of standing there, Luna let go and looked blankly at Mizar's body.

Xander had somehow managed to free Hope from her cage with the  help of Jay, and both kids were sobbing.

"I...it actually happened...how..." Hope stuttered as she stared, horrified, at the body of her dead uncle

Suddenly Luna sat down and took her fallen brother's head in her lap as she opened her mouth and...

Fate has been cruel and order unkind

How can I have sent you away?

The blame was my own; The punishment yours

The harmony's silent today

But into the stillness, I'll bring you a song

I will keep you company till your tired eyes and my lullabies have carried you softly to sleep

she was singing a lullaby, but that's not what surprised me.

Night Lloyd's eyes kept going from green to yellow, and his eyes widened in fear and realization.

Mizar the brave, Good night brother of mine 

Rest now in moon light's embrace

Bear my lullaby, winds of the earth, through the clouds, through the sky and through space

Carry the peace and the coolness of night

And carry my sorrow in kindness

Mizar, you're loved so much more than you know 

Forgive me for allowing you to lose yourself

Night Lloyd's eyes were out of control at this point, when he suddenly yelled "SHUT UP!".

Luna looked up and saw the mess of his eyes, his right eye was green while the other was yellow.

"what the..." Luna breathed.

"it's your lullaby! he's remembering it! it's bringing him back!" I cried happily.

Luna watched as Night Lloyd's breath was getting hard, then he looked up weakly and said "until next time".

Then he vanished.

I turned to Luna and said "you do realize what this means right?"

Luna gasped at her realization "sing my lullaby...".

"AND WE GET BACK DADDY!" Xander and Hope yelled happily.

My heart was leaping, we've found the cure to my corrupted husband.

"well okay but how do we get him to listen?" Luna asked.

"well...then it looks like we've got a palace to go to" I said in determination.

"can we go mommy pleeeaaaase?" asked Xander.

before I could protest Hope said "we do need all the help we can get mommy".

I sighed in defeat and said "alright, but it seems you've inherited your grandpa's wisdom".

"so, when do we go boss?" I asked Luna.

she looked up from Mizar and said "tomorrow at sundown, we need to get in good shape if we plan on taking on Sledge".

"Look after him for me dad..." Luna murmured as she looked up at the sky with a sad smile.

I put a hand on my sister-in-law's shoulder, "he's in good hands Luna, besides he's in a better place now watching over you and Lloyd".

Luna nodded and said "Farewell brother dearest..."

A/n

Yo! I know it took me a long time but I had some Writer's block so I had to gather up some ideas. I do hope you enjoyed this chapter! oh and the song lyrics credit all goes to the one and only Monet113 

Toodles💘