Chapter 8

Charlie's POV

30 days later

I have just been released from rehab. I'm happier and I've realize that I don't need alcohol and drugs to feel better about myself. I still have to go to meetings and pick a sponsor. I'm staying at Daniels for a while. Then I got a job as a receptionist at an office which I'm so thankful for.

Oliver's POV

I haven't seen or heard from my mate in more than a month. Me and my wolf are pissed. We need her. We want her. All I have is a picture someone took of her when she came over for dinner. We have been waiting for years and now she has probably left forever. I'm interrupted from my destroying my room by Daniel mind linking me. He is the pack member who brought my mate to dinner. He knows that she is my mate. He says that Charlie's back in town and at his place. I smile and look at the picture one more time before running to my room. I change into something nice. A pair of nice pants and a shirt. I tie it onto my leg and shift into my wolf. I feel my wolf wanting to take over to find out mate. I let him as he dodges trees and holdover logs.

We arrive in the back of Daniels apartment and I shift back behind a tree. I pull on the clothes that I tied around my ankle. I make sure I look nice and go upstairs to there apartment. It's pretty funny I've never been nervous about a girl before. Though this isn't just some girl this is my mate. I knock on the door and to my disappointment Annette, Daniel's mate, opens the door. I still smile at her as she lets me in. She tells me to sit on the couch as she gets Daniel. I tap my fingers in anxiousness. They come back together and sit on the couch.

Annette gets up and goes into the kitchen. She asks if we want anything. I shake my head no. Daniel says "Charlie will be here any minute I think her shift just ended." I nod at him but frown inside. My mate shouldn't have to work. After a couple minutes the door opens and I see my beautiful mate. She's wearing some nice business pants with a button up shirt and a blazer over the top. She says "honey I'm home" in a joking voice. I smile at her but she doesn't take notice of me right away. She sets her bag down and the takes her jacket off. I just stare at her. I instantly calm in her present. My wolf wants to come out and mark/mate her right now. I calm him down though. She comes over and notices me. She smiles a breathtaking smile at me.

I could just live off this action alone. I smile back at her and introduce myself. I hold my hand out ready for her to shake. I say "hello my name is Oliver. We met at the dinner a little while ago." She shakes my hand and says "hello I'm Charlotte but everyone calls me Charlie." I sit back down and watch as Charlie says to Daniel "Is Annette in the kitchen?" He nods just as Annette come out with drinks. Charlie gets up and heads to the kitchen. Annette sets the tray down and goes back into the kitchen.

Daniel mind links me "When I say this your not my alpha we are just two dudes ok." I nod and he continues "I get that you two are mates and all but you have to take it slow. She's strong but fragile inside. I won't tell you why because it's her life. She's just getting better. And if you ever hurt her in anyway me and Ann will hurt you. She's very close to us now. " I nod at him in understanding. I would never intentionally hurt her. Annette comes out of the kitchen to sit next to her mate with a frown. She says "Charlie won't let me make dinner."I start to squirm a little. I would always watch other pairs of mates in jealously. I started to think I'd never find my mate.

I'm taken out of my thoughts by Charlie calling everyone to the table. I get off the couch and walk to the table. We all start eating. I almost moan at how good it is. We finish dinner. It had gotten pretty late so I decide to head out, even though I didn't want to. Charlie volunteers to walk me out. I smile at her and she walks me outside the building. I get the courage up to ask her something. I put my hands in my pocket and say "Hey Charlie I was wondering if I could... I mean if you want to go on a date with me." I look at her nervously. She looks at me and says "yeah I would like that. I get off from work early on Friday. Pick me up at eight." She then turns and walks up the stairs. I smile wildly. She said yes.

I hurry into the woods shifting into my wolf in excitement. I raise my head and howl at the moon. I run back to the pack house. I shift back and pull on some clothes that are in a tree for emergencies. I walk into the pack house with a large smile on my face. It had gotten late so I head up to my room. I strip until my boxers and fall asleep dreaming of my mate.