~Chapter 6~

"So yeah, I'm trying to earn enough money with my new friend Maddy to afford a plane ticket to San Fransokyo." (Y/n) explained, holding her breath for what seemed like forever. What would her parents say to her? Would they say no and not permit her to go on a plane trip alone? What would have taken 14 hours by car and days by foot was only going to take 1 and a half hours by plane, was this all too much for her parents to comprehend?

"And why do you want to go to San Fransokyo?" (M/n) asked slowly, removing her red reading glasses and setting them lightly on the small work desk she owned.

"To visit the Hamada's! It's been years and Hiro asked if I wanted to visit the new amusement park with him!" (Y/n) looked at her father who began to write something on a piece of paper.

"All right (Y/n) if you can afford this plane fee, you can go but don't you think the whole amusement park sounds like a date?" (Y/n) stood still as blush crept upon her cheeks. No, it wasn't possible, was it? He didn't like her in that way and she never even thought about something like that until now! But then and again.... Her mind started to wander to the conversation the day before.

The way she felt strange and almost wanted to hate Maddy for talking to Hiro in the way she did, was it really because she was jealous? Never in the 9 years apart from one another had Hiro shown any sign of liking towards her. She never even had the chance to give it a good thought until now.

"Sweetheart? Hello? Earth to (Y/n)?" (M/n)'s voice snapped (Y/n) out of her thoughts.

"I'm sorry? Oh um no, there will be his friends there and stuff..." She replied hastily. Both her parents shrugged and turned back to their paperwork.

"If you say so...." (D/n) Replied, holding out his hand with a small piece of paper. "It's our home phone number, it will be easier to make contact with us with this number- that is, if you do earn enough money to go on that flight."

(Y/n) took the slip of paper and entered the number on her contacts page. If anything, she was scared. What if she didn't earn enough by next week? It was already Wednesday and she would only have until Tuesday next week to book a flight for the following Monday.

Maddy only seemed to make matters much more worse by saying that SHE could pay for the entire trip. The last thing (Y/n) wanted was to be in debt to anyone, not only would it be hard to pay up but she would also be living with guilt eating her up whole. Maddy had already done so much for her that she didn't want to bother her some more.

(Y/n) trudged out of her parent's room and entered her own, belly flopping onto the comfy mattress and yawning. Somehow her turn at this game of life was just not going as hoped, perhaps things were different for Hiro, she didn't know.

Early before her alarm clock rang, (Y/n) bolted out of bed and got ready for the usual day for school, managing for once to have time to eat a proper breakfast. She pulled the laptop she was given as a gift out of her book bag and set it up in front of her. The laptop gave off a small "Ding!" And welcomed her with a message from none other than Maddy.

It read, "Sup? I'm bored... early morning today XD Listen, call when u have the chance k? I have an idea for your plane ticket affair!"(Y/n) only took once second to press the call button, desperately waiting for her friend to pick up, all the while chanting a small, "Pick up... pick up...pick up!" Under her breath.

Soon the ringing ended and Maddy's face popped up on the screen. "Hey (Y/n)!" she grinned.

(Y/n) Flashed a smile back. "Not much... what's going on with you?" She asked.

"Same old, same old." She replied. "So anyways, you said you had an idea?"

"Oh yes!" Maddy called, her eyes widening, "I have a wonderful idea, you see... TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!" She screamed so loud (Y/n) figured a window would shatter.