Part 9 ~ Surgery

Emily's POV:

One week later

Well, today was the day. Today was the day I go into surgery and get this thing taken out. I walked out of my room and up the stairs to see my dad sitting on his bed tears filling his eyes. I don't know what he was so worried about. Was something wrong with me? Was surgery going to kill me?

Dad? I called his name as if I didn't see him before. Are you ready to go?

"Yah just let me grab my keys really quick" He said.

The car ride seemed longer than usual and when we got there I was immediately put on a bed and they were preparing for surgery.

"Dad?" I said

"Yes, princess?" He asked with loving eyes

"I'll be fine. Don't worry please."

Luke almost fell to tears before he squeaked out the words "I know you will."

5 hours later

Luke's POV:

Emily is out of surgery and doing fine.

"Luke Hemmings?" a doctor called out

"Is she okay?" I asked worried

"Yes, she is doing fine and one more round of chemo and she should be fine. We will have to check on her once a month to make sure she doesn't relapse."

"That's wonderful! Can I see her?"

"Go right ahead."

Luke was crying tears of joy as he hugged Emily. When they drove home, Luke kept talking about what they were going to do the next day and how he was going to be a better father.

"What do you want to do tomorrow Em?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe go to the fair? Its open for the next week."

"Sounds fun!!" Luke had the biggest smile on his face. He loved Emily so much it was insane. He could not stop smiling. He wanted to be a better father and he would do anything to make that happen