Part 17 ~ Cheer me up

Luke's POV:
Emily was depressed. She was losing her hair and she just was sad all the time. I talked to Ashton earlier but nothing seemed to work. We tried giving her gifts and tried to get her mind off of everything but she refused to go out in public because she thought she was ugly. I know kids can be mean but I don't get why. She is perfect and funny. I just don't get it. She sat in her room all day and cried. She locked her door and would not talk to anyone. Not even me. I was starting to get depressed. Nothing was going right and there was no cheering Emily up. I can't bare to see her upset. I will die if she sheds a single tear. Also, her birthday is in a week. (May 16) and she refuses to do anything. We have a plan but I'm not sure if it will work.

1 week later (Emily's birthday)

Emily's POV:
Uncle Michael took me for a day out today. We went for a walk through the woods and found some cool rocks. We also went to the fair again and lastly he and I went to go get ice cream. It was a pretty good day. Also, today was my birthday. I think they forgot. Oh well.

Luke's POV:
Michael texted me and told me that they were coming home. We had a cake, streamers, balloons, even a piñata. We were hoping she would like it. Everything was blue(her favorite color).