Chapter 4

I hate writing school chapters so please bare with me on this one.

Christie's POV

The bus pulls into the parking lot of my shitty high school and I stand up and push my way into the isle so I can get off the bus. I get off and I take my earbuds out. I stick my phone in my backpack and walk into the school.

My high school is what people like to call the 'High School Musical' school. We have the clicks and the clichés that most high schools don't have. We have the Sharpay and the Ryan of the school who are preppy and perfect and rich. They walk around the school like it is there home and the people are their personal slaves.

We have the Troy Bolton of the school too. The captain of the basketball team and here, he is captain of every sports team we have. You name it, he's captain. Even the girls sports. Weird, right?

We have the Gabriella of the school also. She moved here during Thanksgiving Break and was automatically popular. She is dating "Troy" and is the head of the cheer squad. The only thing about our school that isn't High School Musical related is that the groups never mix. The Sharpay followers stay with Sharpay, the Troy followers stay with Troy, etc. etc.

I walk through the crowded halls of my personal hell hole and push past people as I try to find my locker so I can get my things. People think the exact spot where my locker is is the "Social Chill" place. I have no idea why the hell they call it "Social Chill", but I do not want to question it in fear I'll get murdered.

Someone wraps their arms around me and pecks my cheek. "Hello my gorgeous Chris!"

I turn around and James and is smiling and has a small present in his left hand and a tiny flower in his right. I look at him confused and then it hits me: It's our 3rd Anniversary ... TODAY!!! He smiles shyly and hands me the gift and flower. "Happy Anniversary, babe!"

"Th-thank you." I say as peel the paper off of the present. It is a small black box. I look up at him with a look of curiosity and slowly open the box. Inside are two concert tickets. I pick them up and read "Death of a Bachelor Live at DTE Energy Music Theatre" and "Section Pit". My draw drops and I look up at James in shock. I scream and hug him tightly and peck his lips multiple times. "How the hell did you get these? They were sold out last time I checked!!!"

"Let's just say that I have my connections and I would do anything to get you Front Row tickets to your favorite band!"

"My God, I love you so much!!!"

I try to relax myself, but being me, I can not and I scream, hug, and kiss for a solid ten minutes. James walks to his classes after I finally calm down and I kiss the tickets and get my things out of my locker. I set the box in my backpack and head to first period: English.

I settle into my desk in the back of the classroom and put my earbuds in as I write the paper we were assigned for our book study on Fahrenheit 451. The topic of the paper is how your actions can change anything you do and can cause things to not go your way. As I write and reread my paper over and over again, I realize that the situation could apply to me later in the future: Bradley kissed me and James could find out. James and I could break up and I would have an expensive anniversary present that he gave me.

The bell rings and I get my things and head to the next class. As I walk down the hall, I see Bradley leaning against the white brick wall across from my locker. "Hey, Chris."

"Bradley." I say as I direct my attention to anything but her. "You need anything?"

"You."

"Not right now, Brad. We are at school!"

"I mean just as a friend. I really need someone right now. This is why I waited to tell you, I was scared you would act like my parents and throw me out of your life."

"So you kissed your parents out of nowhere too?"

"I said I am sorry. Why are you so hung up on this?"

"It's not that I am mad your are gay, I am mad you kissed me unexpectedly and blurted out you were gay instead of just telling me and without trying to seduce me."

"I know." She says putting her head down. She shoves her hands in the pockets of her over-sized brown coat and and frowns. "I guess I'll see you around, Chris." She says as she walks away.

I get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach like I am having a panic! attack (a/n vote if you get that XD). I watch her walk into the crowds of teenagers and disappear. Why do I keep doing that? Am I only treating her this way because I think I might like her and have a need to drive her away?

James walks up to me and sees my sad look. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"James ... We need to talk."

---

Yes, I left you at a cliffhanger. I am also making the reads higher so I can write better chapters. I am so happy people are reading this, because I really love writing it!! I need you guys to actually VOTE though. I just got 15 votes and come on guys, I get like 100 reads and none of you care to vote? 

Also ... I am a HUGE fan of Panic! and am so excited for the concert this summer. Comment if/when you're going and I need some recommendations on Weezer songs so I don't look stupid when they perform XD

You guys are great!!!

175 reads
25 votes
10 comments

-Josie