Chapter Three: Percy

All Rights Reserved!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Three

Percy

The people in front of Percy looked kind of strange. The man that could be a giant was considerably smaller than real giants (and Percy knew from experience). He was holding a pink umbrella instead of a stick like the others and he stood protectively in front of the teenagers. The first boy had raven black hair and round glasses with green eyes that were lighter in color than Percy’s own eyes. He also had a scar on his forehead in the shape of a lightning bolt. The second boy had bright red hair and was considerably taller than the first boy. His eyes were a bright blue shade. The third boy had dark blond hair and eyes that were a color that couldn’t be deciphered.

The first girl had fuzzy brown hair and brown eyes, and she seemed to be leaning on the red-head. The second girl had red hair the same shade as the other red-head, so Percy presumed them to be siblings. She had bright brown eyes and appeared to be leaning on the boy with the glasses.

And every one of them wore some weird kind of robe over their shirts and ties.

Percy’s fingers twitched over the cap of his ballpoint pen Riptide as he asked, “Who are you?”

The male with black hair replied before anyone else. “Who are you?”

“I asked first,” Percy countered steadily.

“Harry Potter,” the male said, he flinched as if he expected them to know him, but was relieved when Percy and his friends made no such premonition.

“Percy Jackson,” Percy said since Harry had answered.

“What are you doing here?” Harry asked.

“Nico was explaining to us that very thing,” Percy said turning to face Nico, but the boy wasn’t there. As if on cue, Nico tumbled out of the shadows once more holding on to Grover who looked extremely shaken up.

Percy looked questioningly at Nico who raised his hands, stuck his palms out, and said, “He wanted to come, okay!”

“Neville, go get Professor McGonagall,” the giant man said to the blond haired boy.

He scurried off as the giant man turned to Percy and said, “Rubeus Hagrid, nice ter meet ya. You already know Harry, that’s Hermione Granger,” he pointed to the bushy haired girl, “that’s Ron or Ronald Weasley,” he pointed to the red-headed boy, “Neville jus’ left but his name is Neville Longbottom, and this ‘ere is Ginny Weasley,” he finished pointing to the red-headed girl.

Percy turned to the others who nudged him forward to have him introduce them. Percy was always stuck as the leader, no matter how much he protested.

Percy sighed and opened his mouth to introduce them all when he heard a roar sound through the forest, and frightfully, Percy recognized it. The Minotaur was back.

“Aw, man!” Percy shouted as the Minotaur came into view. “I have to kill you for the third time?!”

Percy knew that the teenagers must be confused, but Percy shut them out of his mind. Percy turned so his back was to the teenagers and uncapped Riptide, he wasn’t sure if he wanted them to know about his deadly sword, at least not at the moment. Riptide gleamed in his hands as he waited for the Minotaur to charge. Like the first time he fought the monster, he ended up jumping on top of the Minotaur and yanking another of his horns off. Enraged, the beast tossed Percy off when his grip slacked for a second and Percy was slammed into a tree. He heard Annabeth shriek but he just gritted his teeth and stood up again. He adjusted his grip on Riptide and charged at the Minotaur with fury. He dodged the monster’s meaty hands and with the help of Mrs. O’Leary, the beast disintegrated after a rake of Mrs. O’Leary’s claws and one well-placed slash of Riptide.

Just before the monster was killed, he jammed his remaining horn into Percy’s stomach. Without the curse of Achilles Percy was just as vulnerable as the others. Percy heard Annabeth shriek again when Percy gasped.

He turned towards the rest of his friends, whispered, “Piece of blue cake,” and then collapsed on the forest floor. Annabeth immediately rushed over to help him up, fed him some ambrosia and bandaged his stomach quickly, but Percy was still feeling feverish. He knew the feeling, and knew that he was about to pass out.

“What just happened?” the boy, Ron, asked as Grover was gently setting Percy’s knew Minotaur horn in Percy’s hand while he struggled to breathe on Annabeth’s lap. Annabeth handed Percy his sword—which was now in pen form—and he clutched it in his hand firmly.

Before any of the demigods had a chance to answer, Neville returned with a stout woman who had graying hair and spectacles on her face. “Minerva!” Chiron said cheerfully and Percy gave a start when he spoke. He had completely forgotten that the centaur was still there.

“Chiron!” the woman—Minerva—said. “How lovely to see you again!”

“Yes, indeed,” Chiron said.

“What’s going on?” Percy asked.

“Yeah, what’s going on?” the boy—Harry—agreed.

Percy couldn’t take the pain and passed out, the darkness swirling around him and the last thing he heard before his eyes slowly drifted closed was Annabeth yelling at him to stay awake. Percy tried, but he was already sucked into unconsciousness.

A/N Uh-oh Percy!

Question 4=How did Harry and Ron first meet?

Harry needed directions to enter Platform 9 3/4, and he overheard Mrs. Weasly speaking about muggles, where he then proceeded to ask her for help, and Mrs. Weasly mentioned it was Ron's first year at Hogwarts too.