Chapter Seven: Percy

All Rights Reserved!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Seven

Percy

When Percy let that bomb drop there were immediate outbursts. Percy was glad that he was sorted into Gryffindor, and that all of his friends were too. Percy’s main concern about the sorting, was that they wouldn’t be in the same house, but now, that wasn’t a problem.

Many voices rang through Percy’s ears as the students shouted their opinions about what Percy just said. Eventually they were all cut off by Professor McGonagall. She gestured for Percy to continue, so he did.

“We are children of the gods. Greek and Roman gods, to be exact,” Percy said. “The Greek and Roman mythology is real. Every bit of it. Zeus, Hera,”  Percy said the name with disgust, “Poseidon, every one of them.”

“And you expect us to believe this?” a voice said from the crowd.

“Yes,” Percy said. “We will give you demonstrations of our powers tomorrow, we would now but it’s too dark. I am a son of Poseidon, the Lord of the Seas. Savior of Olympus, twice. Poseidon’s Roman equivalent is Neptune. I’m also Annabeth’s boyfriend,” he added pulling her into my side, staking her as mine.

“My name is Annabeth Chase,” Annabeth said with a laugh, “and I am a daughter of Athena, the goddess of wisdom. Savior of Olympus twice, also. Also, the Roman name for Athena is Minerva. I'm the Head Architect of Olympus, and also Percy’s girlfriend.”

“My name is Thalia Grace,” Thalia said stepping forward. “I am a daughter of Zeus, the Lord of the Skies, and a Hunter of Artemis. Lieutenant, to be exact. Savior of Olympus. Jupiter is the Roman name for Zeus, and Diana is the Roman name for Artemis.”

“My name is Jason Grace,” Jason said, “and I am a son of Jupiter—the Roman equivalent of Zeus. Savior of Olympus. Dating Piper Mclean,” Jason finished, copying what I did.

“I’m Nico di Angelo,” Nico said from the back of the group. “Sort of Savior of Olympus. Ghost King. My father is Hades, the Lord of the Underworld, and his Roman name is Pluto.”

“What’s up, peeps?” Leo said excitedly. “The name’s Leo Valdez, son of Hephaestus, or Vulcan if you prefer the Roman term. Savior of Olympus, and I am single!”

“My name is Piper McLean,” Piper said sweetly. “Daughter of Aphrodite, the goddess of love, and I am a charm-speaker. Savior of Olympus. Aphrodite’s Roman name is Venus. Also in a relationship with Jason Grace.”

“I’m Grover Underwood,” Grover said. He pulled off his rasta cap revealing his horns and said, “and like Percy mentioned earlier, I’m a satyr, not a demigod. I’m half-man, half-goat. Savior of Olympus. Lord of the Wild.”

“Frank Zhang,” Frank said, “son of Mars, or Ares, whichever you prefer. He’s the god of war. Also, Savior of Olympus.”

And last but not least, Hazel stepped forward. “My name is Hazel Levesque, and I am a daughter of Pluto, Lord of the Underworld. If you prefer Greek, then you would say Hades. I too, am a Savior of Olympus. One thing that Frank forgot to mention is that we are dating as well.” Frank blushed at that and wrapped Hazel in a hug.

“Tomorrow,” Professor McGonagall said as Percy and his companions went to sit down again, “the demigods—and satyr—will demonstrate their powers and inform us of their weapons.”

All of a sudden—as Professor McGonagall sat down—millions of food appeared on the tables and Percy quickly filled his plate. When his plate was full, he stared at it, confused, and Percy noticed his companions doing the same thing.

Percy stood up with his plate in hand and walked over to Professor McGonagall. “Professor,” he began, “before we eat we usually burn a bit of our food as an offering to the gods.”

“Ah,” she said. She waved her wand and in front of the teachers table a brazier burning with bright flames appeared. “Will that do?”

“Perfectly,” Percy said with a smile.

Percy went over to the fire and scraped a large, juicy, chicken leg into the fire and said, “For the gods.”

In his mind he added, Thanks dad. Just, for everything.

When everyone was finished eating, Harry and his friends led Percy and his friends to their rooms while they stayed at the Hogwarts castle.

Percy gave Annabeth a kiss goodnight and then joined the other boys in their room.

They talked a bit and every once in awhile Percy caught Harry staring at him curiously. Percy decided to ask him about it in the morning, for Percy’s fight with the Minotaur—for the third time—had finally caught up with him, and Percy felt extremely tired at the moment.

He drifted off to sleep with hopes of either pleasant dreams, or none at all, but as usual, his hopes were left unanswered.

Percy was dueling with Harry. Harry and Percy would be casting spells at each other—which didn’t make any sense to Percy since he wasn’t a wizard—and then all of a sudden the image would change and Percy and Harry would be fighting with swords.

After many fights like this, with neither of them winning the image changed. Percy was standing at the foot of a throne, and his eyes weren’t their normal sea green, they were gray, but not like Annabeth’s gray. This gray was scary, and very unfriendly. He was looking at the scene, so he was seeing a mirror of himself, except this mirror image had dark gray eyes.

On the throne was a wizard with brown hair tumbling down his shoulders. His eyes were pitch black and his facial features were covered in wrinkles. Percy guessed that the man would be about five feet ten inches tall when he was standing up, somewhere around that.

The man opened his mouth and spoke in a voice that did not fit his body. It looked like his voice would be rather low, but instead it was considerably high. He said, “Perseus, my pawn, you must take out your friends.”

Percy tried to shout, to tell himself not to, but as if in a trance he nodded and said, “Yes master.”

“Good,” the man said. He pulled out his wand and muttered a few words that Percy guessed to be a spell, and then Percy disappeared, and so did the dream, except it changed into memories Percy didn’t want to have. They were memories of his worst times in Tartarus.

A/N Poor Percy! It's getting intense!

Question 8=What was the first Horcrux that was destroyed in Harry Potter?

Tom Marvolo Riddle's diary